The ‘Queen of Rock & Roll’, Tina Turner, has passed away at the age of 83 and we take a look at the music legend’s famous quotes on beauty, hardships, religion, and life.
Tina Turner was one of the music industry’s biggest names for decades. The Grammy winner was famous for being a part of the iconic Ike & Tina Turner musical duo. She also had a sensational solo career too.
During her music career which spanned over 50 years, Tina produced many solo hits like What’s Love Got to Do with It, Private Dancer, I Don’t Wanna Lose You, and more. The singer and her ex-husband Ike also made many hits like Nutbush City Limits, River Deep – Mountain High, A Fool in Love, and more.
Many fans took to Twitter to mourn the iconic singer’s death. Some even shared her inspiring quotes.
15 famous quotes by Tina Turner
On beauty, aging, and self-love
- “My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments—I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.”
- “I like me very much. When I look in the mirror and my skin glows back at me, I think, ‘Wow, that sure is pretty.’ I have a simple, childlike view of life, and I want to keep it.”
- “Fifty is the new 30. Seventy is the new 50. There are no rules that say you have to dress a certain way or be a certain way. We are living in exciting times for women.”
- “You can’t get hung up on age or beauty because you’re then always chasing after something you’ll never get back.”
On life, strength, and positivity in life
- “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
- “I’m self-made. I always wanted to make myself a better person, because I was not educated. But that was my dream—to have class.”
- “Physical strength in a woman—that’s what I am.”
- “At every moment, we always have a choice, even if it feels as if we don’t. Sometimes that choice may simply be to think a more positive thought.”
- “People think my life has been tough, but I think has been a wonderful journey. The older you get, the more you realize it’s not what happens, but how you deal with it.”
- “I believe that if you’ll just stand up and go, life will open up for you.”
- “But I believe we have a higher level of mentality within us, but we have to use the power in the right way.”
One religion and legacy
- “I never close a door on any other religion. Most of the time, some part of it makes sense to me. I don’t believe everyone has to chant just because I chant. I believe all religion is about touching something inside of yourself.”
- “In Buddhism, there are words you can say… as you say the words with rhythm the conscious tells the subconscious.”
- “I am a practicing Buddhist. I have been for 25 years.”
- “My legacy is that I stayed on course…from the beginning to the end because I believed in something inside of me. So my legacy is a person that strived for wanting it better and got it.”