Instagram users can now request a badge on their profile as Meta has rolled out paid verification – here’s how you can buy it.
The option has been made available by Meta on Facebook as well. The latest move by Mark Zuckerburg’s company comes months after Elon Musk announced paid blue check marks on Twitter.
The new feature rolled out in the US on Friday, March 17, after first being introduced in Australia and New Zealand in February.
How to buy Instagram verification
In order to buy verification on Instagram, you must either be a Meta Verified subscriber or meet Instagram’s criteria based on a number of factors.
The service is available for users who are 18 and above and meet minimum activity requirements, along with a government-issued ID. Only authentic public and private accounts can apply for the subscription.
If you’re a Meta Verified subscriber, follow the below steps to buy Instagram verification:
- Log in to the account you want to request a badge for.
- Select the profile icon in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Select the hamburger icon and go to Settings and Privacy.
- Select Account and tap on Request Verification.
- Enter all the details and provide the required ID proof.
- Follow the instruction and submit.
However, requesting a badge through an account that meets the criteria doesn’t guarantee the verification, as Meta holds the right to make the final decision and also takes away the badge at any point if the account violates rules and conditions.
Eligibility requirements for non-Meta Verified members
If you aren’t a Meta Verified subscriber, the below requirements must be met to be eligible for an Instagram badge.
- Your account must be authentic, as in handled by a real person or entity.
- It must be unique to a person or a business and only one account will be verified for every individual or establishment.
- Your account must be public, with a complete bio and profile picture.
- The account must be popular, with high engagement. Instagram doesn’t consider paid media content for review.
Cost of the badge and what not to do after requesting it
You can request a badge on Instagram through Meta Verification, which costs $11.99 per month on the web and $14.99 per month on mobile devices.
However, here are a few pointers on what not to do when you’re applying for a badge on Instagram and after getting it.
- Do not request a badge multiple times before your first application has been either approved or rejected. You can re-apply after 30 days.
- You cannot change your username on your account after it has been verified and the verification can’t be transferred to a different account.
- Do not share false or misleading information while requesting a badge as this may result in your account getting disabled permanently.
In other news, Twitter's search is 'down' as function isn't working for some users