Will Joe Rogan be commentating on UFC 286 from the O2 Arena in London, and who will be in the booth for Edwards vs Usman trilogy?
Every UFC fan will have their own personal list of their top five most shocking moments in the sport; the ‘Mount Rushmore’ of outrageous MMA, if you will.
Whilst the KOs and submissions will vary depending on who you ask, there is a very good chance that the Leon Edwards head-kick KO over Kamaru Usman last year will feature somewhere on all of our rankings.
One of the most shocked people in Salt Lake City last year was the iconic Joe Rogan, who couldn’t believe what he had witnessed in the commentary booth that night; but will he be commentating at UFC 286 in London this weekend?
Is Joe Rogan commentating at UFC 286 in London?
No, Joe Rogan will sadly not be commentating at UFC 286: Edwards vs Usman 3 at the O2 Arena in London, set to go down on Saturday, March 18.
In fact, Rogan hasn’t commentated on any UFC PPV cards outside of the United States for a number of years, citing the travel fatigue that comes with an international fight week and his numerous other endeavors stateside, including his podcast and comedy features.
Set to replace Joe Rogan in the commentary booth at UFC 286 will be former UFC Middleweight champion and British MMA royalty, Michael Bisping.
Bisping will join Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier and play-by-play GOAT Jon Anik cageside, with Megan Olivi serving as the backstage reporter for the broadcast.
Who fights at UFC 286 on the main and prelim cards?
UFC 286 Main Card:
- Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman [Welterweight championship fight]
- Justin Gaethje vs Rafael Fiziev [Lightweight co-main event]
- Gunnar Nelson vs Bryan Barberena [Welterweight]
- Jennifer Maia vs Casey O’Neill [Flyweight]
- Marvin Vettori vs Roman Dolidze [Middleweight]
Whilst the main event between Edwards and Usman will undoubtedly dominate the headlines, there is a potential ‘Fight of the Year’ candidate in the offering for the co-main event between Gaethje and Fiziev. The American has won FOTY multiple times in his highlight-reel career but with the surging Fiziev coming for the title of ‘Most Violent Man in the Division’, fans should expect either a viral KO, or a war for the ages.
UFC 286 Prelims:
- Jack Shore vs Makwan Amirkhani [Featherweight]
- Chris Duncan vs Omar Morales [Lightweight]
- Sam Patterson vs Yanal Ashmoz [Lightweight]
- Mohammad Mokaev vs Jafel Filho [Flyweight]
After an amusingly controversial appearance on the MMA Hour earlier this week, Shore is bouncing back to the Featherweight division; looking for a big win over a veteran of UFC London cards, Amirkhani. However, arguably the one must-watch fight from the prelims is Mokaev vs Filho; with the British wrecking ball still with his steely gaze on becoming the youngest champion in the UFC.
UFC 286 Early Prelims:
- Lerone Murphy vs Gabriel Santos [Featherweight]
- Christian Leroy Duncan vs Dusko Todorovic [Middleweight]
- Jake Hadley vs Malcolm Gordon [Flyweight]
- Joanne Wood vs Luana Carolina [Flyweight]
- Jai Herbert vs Ludovit Klein [Lightweight]
- Juliana Miller vs Veronica Macedo [Flyweight]
The early prelims are also set to start the night with a bang, thanks to the inclusion of Lerone Murphy, Jai Herbert, and Jake Hadley. Also on the prelims will be the debut of Christian Leroy Duncan, one of the best rising Middleweights from the UK.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]
In other news, Did Kendrick Perkins get fired by ESPN?