How can you watch Bellator 285, set to go down in Dublin, what time is the main event livestream expected to start and who is on the card?
The vast majority of combat sports shown in the US and UK feature on a Saturday evening or the early hours of Sunday morning.
However, Bellator is bringing us some Friday fight night action to kick off the weekend as the MMA organisation returns to Dublin for the second time in 2022.
The highly anticipated 285 event is headlined by Benson Henderson and Peter Queally with two icons of MMA, Yoel Romero and Melvin Manhoef set to square off in the co-main event.
So, how can you watch Bellator 285 from Dublin tonight, what time is the event expected to start and who else features on the main card?
How to watch Bellator 285 from Dublin
Bellator 285, headlined by Benson Henderson and Peter Queally, will take place at Dublin’s 3Arena on Friday, September 23rd.
In the United States, MMA fans can watch Bellator 285 main card exclusively via Showtime.
In the UK, the event will be broadcast on the BBC Three TV channel and livestreamed on the BBC iPlayer service, which requires a TV license to view legally online.
Overseas, Bellator 285 is set to be shown on the following networks: 10 Play (Australia), ESPN (Brazil), RMC Sport (France), Virgin Media (ROI), Mola (Italy), U-NEXT (Japan), TVP Sport (Poland) and Megogo (Ukraine).
“If you’d have told me 10-12 years ago when I was sleeping outside in my car that I was going to fight Benson in the 3Arena, I wouldn’t have believed you. My family are very proud of me, and it’s time to just go out there and do it.” – Peter Queally, via Yahoo Sports.
What time is Bellator 285 expected to start?
Per DAZN, the main card for Bellator 285 in Dublin will start from the following international times:
- Pacific Time – 1 PM on Friday, September 23rd
- Eastern Time – 4 PM on Friday, September 23rd
- British Time – 9 PM on Friday, September 23rd
- European Time – 10 PM on Friday, September 23rd
- India Time – 1:30 AM on Saturday, September 24th
- Philippine Time – 4 AM on Saturday, September 24th
- Australia Central Time – 5:30 AM on Saturday, September 24th
For the main event, Benson Henderson and Peter Queally are expected to make their respective ring walks around 11:15 PM BST (3:15 PM PT/6:15 PM ET).
Speaking to AZ Central, Henderson said that his last victory allowed him to “really take stock of where I was at, where I was trying to go, what I’m trying to accomplish.”
“It was the last fight on my (previous) Bellator contract. So not knowing if I was going to fight again, but knowing that, hey, I ended on a ‘W’ so it looked better for me trying to renegotiate with Bellator. So I was definitely happy about that and it allowed me to renegotiate and find one last deal with Bellator.” – Benson Henderson, via AZ Central.
In the legends matchup between Yoel Romero and Melvin Manhoef, the fight is expected to start from around 10:30 PM BST (2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET).
As always, fans should note that these times are not set in stone and may alter depending on the fight durations on the main and prelim cards.
The main card for Bellator 285 is as followed:
- Peter Queally vs. Benson Henderson (Lightweight)
- Yoel Romero vs. Melvin Manhoef (Light Heavyweight)
- Leah McCourt vs. Dayana Silva (Women’s Featherweight)
- Mads Burnell vs. Pedro Carvalho (Featherweight)
- Ciaran Clarke vs. Rafael Hudson (Catchweight of 150 lbs)
The preliminary card for Bellator 285 is as followed:
- Brett Johns vs. Jordan Winski (Bantamweight)
- Brian Moore vs. Arivaldo Silva (Bantamweight)
- Karl Albrektsson vs. Karl Moore (Light Heavyweight)
- Darragh Kelly vs. Kye Stevens (Lightweight)
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kane Mousah (Lightweight)
- Kenny Mokhonoana vs. Alex Bodnar (Featherweight)
- Asaël Adjoudj vs. Jordan Barton (Featherweight)
- Luca Poclit vs. Dante Shiro (Welterweight)
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]
In other news, See the rumoured McDonald’s Halloween Buckets for 2022