The release date and time for when the new Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 will come out and start is nearly here and Riot Games has shared the patch notes and downtime for update 5.0.
There’s lots to look forward to with the newest content. Some of the battle pass rewards have been confirmed including weapon skins and 15 sprays, but the biggest addition is undoubtedly the new underwater map, Pearl.
Riot Games’ unique map has been anticipated for awhile and the good news is that it arrives today.
What time does the new Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 come out?
The release date for when the new Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 will come out is June 22nd and the game’s status website says the update’s start time for maintenance and downtime is 06:00 PT and 09:00 ET.
As for European servers, the status website says that the downtime is 20:00 PT on June 22nd which translates to 04:00 BST on June 23rd. Check out the status website for Asia, Brazil, and other servers.
Unfortunately, with the launch of the new season, this means the competitive queue will be disabled for a period of time. Still, despite this annoyance, fans are very excited for Episode 5.
While a new agent isn’t arriving, fans will be able to explore the new map, Pearl. With the arrival of Pearl comes pool map changes.
Below is a summary of the changes per Riot Games:
- Split will exit the map pool in Competitive and Unrated queues, starting with Patch 5.0 (June 22)—no date set for its return
- Temporary 6-map pool until Pearl enters the Competitive queue on July 12 (Patch 5.01)
- Split will exit the map rotation at esports events after the LCQ’s in August
- Available in Spike Rush, custom games, and other game modes
- We believe it’s a good balance of variety and mastery for new and returning players
We will update this article if the developers share anything new about the release time for Valorant Episode 5 Act 1.
Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 update patch notes
Below are the patch notes for Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 update 5.0:
- NEW MAP: Pearl goes live!
- Pearl-only queue
- This queue is a standard, Unrated mode that will give players a chance to practice the new map before they see it in Competitive play.
- Pearl-only queue will be available for 2 weeks, then after that Pearl will enter Competitive.
- We are temporarily removing Split from the map pool in Unrated and Competitive queues
NEW RANK – ASCENDANT:
- Added an additional rank above Diamond, below Immortal, called “Ascendant.”
- We believe our lower ranks have a few too many of you, especially Bronze and Silver. When we were looking at rank distribution, we realized that if we were to move some of you up and out of those lower ranks, it would overpopulate Platinum and Diamond. So by adding a new rank we can better distribute you across ranks, keep the prestige of high ranks, while helping better define the skill level of each rank.
- Moved the rank MMR targets that determine rank down, due to the addition of the new Ascendant rank, for all ranks below Ascendant. Moved the ranked target for Immortal 1/2/3 and Radiant up.
- These are the cut-offs that say “You should be X MMR to reach this rank”. MMR targets determine your RR gains and help push your rank to match your MMR.
- This means players will go up in rank, if they are below Ascendant.
- To align with our expectations of what it means to be in the highest ranks of VALORANT, Immortal+ players will find it harder to climb back to their previous episode rank. This means Immortal will also have a smaller leaderboard population in all regions.
- Due to the seasonal reset, you may not see a rank increase at the start of the Episode without putting in some work; but the reset will be “less harsh” compared to the last Episode reset. So because we are pushing the player base upwards to fill Ascendant, the reset will not hit you as hard.
- Next time we reset ranks it will probably push you down more than this Episode’s reset. Please remember that the “less harsh” reset is unique to this Episode because of the introduction of Ascendant.
- Grouping restrictions for Ascendant are 3 ranks above or below the Ascendant ranked player
- This fits in with our Platinum+ rule set for grouping.
- The highest placement allowed has increased to Ascendant 1 (previously Diamond 1)
- Five stacking 25% RR penalty now starts at Immortal 1 (previously Diamond 3)
- Solo/Duo/5-stack restriction now starts at Immortal 1 (previously Diamond 3)
- Remember, Diamond 3 and above could previously only solo, duo, and 5-stack. This restriction now begins at Immortal 1.
- By adding another rank we were able to push the Five Stack penalty and Solo/Duo restrictions into Immortal. This makes it more straight forward, Immortal is where the leaderboard starts and because of this we try to hold players more accountable for their standings.
- Due to a naming clash with the new rank, we’ve renamed Sage’s tier 8 Agent Contract unlock—the new Sage title is “Dauntless”
- Renaming this title was not something we chose lightly, but after talking about the title we felt like it was a chance to give the title more meaning to Sage and her personality/theme.
- Fixed a bug on Haven that was preventing players from using their spray on a wall in A Garden
- Shout out to @eminakob for passionately pointing out this bug
- Fixed a bug where Jett could equip a weapon during Tailwind
- Fixed a bug where Agents revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt or Fade’s Haunt would sometimes briefly appear in an incorrect location on the minimap
- Fixed a bug where the scope visual effect would sometimes disappear when aiming with Chamber’s Tour De Force
- Fixed a bug where using an Ultimate point orb or defusing the Spike at maximum range could cause channeling and progress bar animations to flicker
- Fixed a bug where the use channeling progression bar does not update if the player disconnects and reconnects during the match
- Fixed a bug where some weapon equips could play the wrong equip speed animation, which could visually misrepresent when you were able to fire. Some situations impacted by this bug were:
- Cypher exiting Spycam
- Capturing Ultimate point Orbs
- Canceling and completing Spike plant
In other news, F1 22 game: Release date, time & Standard edition bonuses