The Mars Volta has announced a 2022 tour across North America.
The rock band has released their first track in a decade, called Blacklight Shine, after they dropped their album Noctourniquet in 2012.
They announced a string of North American tour dates to celebrate the release of their new music with fans.
Here’s everything you need to know about the tour, including tickets, release date and prices.
Mars Volta announces 2022 tour
Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Omar Rodríguez-López are heading on their first tour since the release of their 2012 album.
The duo have dropped a new track with an accompanying black and white music video directed by Rodríguez-López.
The Mars Volta will kick off their tour in Dallas in September before heading to New York and finishing off with a concert in Los Angeles.
The full list of dates and venues can be found in the schedule below:
- Sep 23 Dallas, TX – The Factory at Deep Ellum
- Sep 25 Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
- Sep 27 Philadelphia, PA – Opera House
- Sep 29 New York, NY – Terminal 5
- Oct 1 Boston, MA – MGM Music Hall at Fenway
- Oct 3 Washington, D.C. – Anthem
- Oct 5 Toronto, Ontario – Massey Hall
- Oct 6 Detroit, MI – The Royal Oak
- Oct 8 Chicago, IL – Aragon Ballroom
- Oct 11 Denver, CO – Mission Ballroom
- Oct 14 Seattle, WA – Moore Theatre
- Oct 18 San Francisco, CA – The Warfield
- Oct 21 Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium
How to buy Mars Volta tickets
Mars Volta tickets go on sale on Friday, June 24th at 10 am EDT (7 am PT). Presale starts on Wednesday, June 22nd at 10 am EDT (7 am PT).
Ticketmaster has further info about each individual venue and whether adds-on like parking can be added to passes.
According to AXS, tour tickets are priced between $65 and $125.
For more information about the tour, including merch and tickets, you can visit the official website of the Mars Volta.
Fans react to the tour
Mars Volta fans are excited to see the duo perform this autumn and many of them took to Twitter to share their thoughts.
“I’m hoping and praying I can get my ticket for that Dallas show,” tweeted one fan.
Another excited fan commented: “Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! Oh my! Someone wanna buy me a plane ticket, hotel and concert… a the Mars Volta holiday?”
A third one added: “Hoping you guys pass by Puerto Rico sometime soon!”
Are you going to one of the shows?