When it comes to streaming services, you often hear the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video cited at the forefront of the conversation.
However, the streaming wars have arguably heated up significantly in more recent years, with Disney+, Paramount+, and of course, Hulu offering audiences a wealth of entertainment at their fingertips.
Speaking of which, the latest effort from Hulu is The Girl from Plainville.
Created by Liz Hannah and Patrick Macmanus, the American series serves as a dramatization of the events that led to the passing of Conrad Roy.
Now that it’s arrived, it helps to know the schedule. How many episodes are in The Girl from Plainville?
How many episodes are in The Girl from Plainville?
The Girl from Plainville will be made up of eight episodes in total and the project has been billed as a mini-series.
Taking this into consideration, there is no reason to suspect season 2 renewal and episode 8 – titled Blank Space – will serve as the show’s concrete conclusion.
The first three episodes premiered on Hulu simultaneously on Tuesday, March 29th 2022 and single episodes are scheduled to drop weekly. You can check out the schedule below to make sure you never miss an instalment:
- Episode 1,2,3: Tuesday, March 29th 2022
- Episode 4: Tuesday, April 5th 2022
- Episode 5: Tuesday, April 12th 2022
- Episode 6: Tuesday, April 19th 2022
- Episode 7: Tuesday, April 26th 2022
- Episode 8: Tuesday, May 3rd 2022
Who is in The Girl From Plainville cast?
You can check out the central and recurring cast members of the new mini-series below:
- Elle Fanning as Michelle Carter
- Colton Ryan as Conrad “Coco” Roy III
- Chloë Sevigny as Lynn Roy
- Norbert Leo Butz as Conrad “Co” Roy II
- Cara Buono as Gail Carter
- Kai Lennox as David Carter
- Peter Gerety as Conrad Roy, Sr.
- Michael Mosley as Joseph Cataldo
- Aya Cash as Katie Rayburn
- Ella Kennedy Davis as Sydney Roy
- Pearl Amanda Dickson as Susie Pierce
- Sharik Khan as Adam
- Kylie Liya Page as Cassie Wilkins
- Jeff Wahlberg as Rob Mahoney
‘They had access to all of this material’
The series is inspired by writer Jesse Barron’s article of the same name that was published in Esquire, who recently chatted to Jesse about the project:
“I was actually pretty involved, I think, for a mere journalist… the writers had all my notes: my interviews, my transcripts, my actual physical handwritten notebooks. They had access to all of this material that I had cut from the article or that my editor at Esquire, Bobby Baird, tried to wisely [edit down] so that we could actually tell the story in 7000 words.”
He added: “And so stuff that Bobby and I got rid of in the original article has a second life in the show.
The Girl From Plainville is streaming on Hulu.