Chapter 3 of The Book of Boba Fett, titled The Streets of Mos Espa, introduced audiences to Drash, played by American actress Sophie Thatcher.

Though relatively new to the scene – she made her feature film debut in 2018 – Thatcher has chalked up several film and television credits since her first on-screen role.

So, where might you have seen Sophie Thatcher in action before, and what do we know about her character in The Book of Boba Fett?

The Book of Boba Fett | Official Trailer | Disney+

BridTV
6315
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rOJ1cw6mohw/hqdefault.jpg
892119
892119
center
13872

Who does Sophie Thatcher play in The Book of Boba Fett?

Drash is a member of a street gang in the Worker’s District of the city Mos Espa, on the desert planet Tatooine.

The character debuted in episode 3 of The Book of Boba Fett, which premiered on Disney+ on January 12, 2022. 

When water monger Lortha Peel reports the gang’s thieving spree to Boba Fett – who by this time holds the title of Daimyo – he confronts them. Drash explains to Fett that, without work, they will always resort to filching. Seeing an opportunity, he promptly recruits them.

Photo by FOX Image Collection via Getty Images

Later in the episode, the Mos Espa street gang assists Fett in fending off Black Krrsantan.

Drash’s name doesn’t actually come up in conversation, but appears in the stunt performers’ credits; Callie Croughwell and Crystal Hooks acted as stunt doubles for Sophie Thatcher, who played Drash in the episode.

What else has Sophie Thatcher been in besides The Book of Boba Fett?

Her first on-screen credits were for Growing Strong (a short film about a girl who runs away from home to stay with her grandmother); Chicago P.D. (as Carolyn Clifford; one episode); Brighter Days (a music video, also starring Ellie Thatcher); and The Exorcist (pictured above; two episodes, credited as Young Regan).

Then, in 2018, Sophie Thatcher landed a role in Chicago Med (as Deb). In 2019’s The Tomorrow Man, she played Jeanine. The following year, she appeared in 10 episodes of When The Street Lights Go On, as Becky Monroe.

Drash may only have been a minor role in The Book of Boba Fett, but Sophie Thatcher is currently appearing in Yellowjackets (Teen Natalie), in arguably her most substantial role to date. Yellowjackets will run for a second season.

This content could not be loaded

What is Sophie Thatcher’s age?

Born October 18, 2000, Sophie Thatcher is 21 years old. She will turn 22 this year.

Shortly after Prospect screened at the 2018 Toronto After Dark Film Festival, Geek Chic Elite interviewed Sophie Thatcher about what it was like on set, her childhood dream of being a singer, and how she’d like her career to develop.

“I’ve been acting since I was four years old,” she told interviewer Jeff Fountain. 

“And I’ve always been a singer, I’ve been singing since I could talk. When I was a kid I had this dream of being this big Broadway star and committing myself to musical theatre.”

“I still make music and I want to be an actor making music on the side,” she said. “That would be my ultimate goal.”

Photo by Jim Bennett/Getty Images

Two years earlier, in 2016, she also sat down with The Evanstonian, the student newspaper of her high school in Evanston Township.

Her favourite thing about being an actor, she said, is “the feeling when the audience applauses.”

“It sounds a bit cheesy but I love that. I like to show people stories of real people, like showing people what Anne Frank was actually like, rather than what people think she would be like.”

In other news, Father Brown season 9 episode 7 cast: 'The Island of Dreams'