BTS V knows how to take over the worldwide charts with his songs and his latest OST ‘Christmas Tree’ proves the enigmatic member’s global dominance all over again. BTS V’s ‘Christmas Tree‘ just crossed over 20 million Spotify streams making it reportedly the fastest Korean male solo song to reach that record. Here’s how BTS V is rewriting K-OST history with ‘Christmas Tree.
‘Christmas Tree’ earlier made history as the first and only Korean Original Soundtrack to debut in Billboard’s the most-coveted chart Hot 100 in the toughest time of the year aka the year-end when mostly the Christmas cult favorites dominate the chart.
- READ MORE: BTS V’s ‘Christmas Tree’ takes over Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ within one hour of its release
BTS V’s new Spotify Record with ‘Christmas Tree’
BTS V has now become the fastest Korean male soloist to reach 20 million streams on Spotify with ‘Christmas Tree.’ The song that earlier ranked at number one in Spotify’s Top Global Debut on December 29th has now made a new history within 18 days of its release.
- READ MORE: BTS Webtoon ‘7Fates Chakho’ characters and emojis explored
Additionally, BTS V’s ‘Christmas Tree’ also holds the record as the highest debut stream for a Korean OST on Spotify with 1.46M streams only on a partial day of tracking of 15 hours.
Kim Taehyung rewriting K-OST history with ‘Christmas Tree’ Billboard records
Not only its dominance on Spotify, but ‘Christmas Tree’ has also made its huge global impact known with ranking high in a number of Billboard charts.
- Christmas Tree’ topped the Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart with over 23,500 sales with a huge margin with the number 2 and 3 songs, Forbes has reported citing MRC Data.
- Even before the song’s release, BTS V climbed to number 2 in Billboard’s Hot Trending Songs charts proving it was the most-anticipated K-OST of the year.
- BTS V made the impossible possible charting at Billboard Hot 100 at number 79 with little promotion and a Korean Song. ‘Christmas Tree’ became the first and only Korean OST to achieve that feat.
iTunes and country records
BTS V’s ‘Chrismas Tree’ also made history ranking high in a number of country’s music charts.
- Kim Taehyung’s Christmas Tree’ became the “only Korean OST to debut on Canada Hot 100 and the highest on Billboard Global 200 charts.”
- Christmas Tree debuted on number 2 in the UK Digital song sales marking the highest debut by a Korean soloist on the chart.
- Kim Taehyung also debuted at number one on both Melon and Bugs Daily Male Artist charts right after the ‘Christmas Tree’ release.
Kim Taehyung, the OST record-maker whose ‘Sweet Night’ still holds an unbreakable world record has a new song now that can clearly compete with his iconic ‘Itaewon Class’ OST.
Speaking of the historical records by Guinness World Record Maker V, a fan gushed, “When we say the only competition for Taehyung is Taehyung itself!”
Missing BTS V who is currently on hiatus? Stream his playlist below. Let us know your favorite BTS V track @HITCculture
In other news, Fans react as New Jeans becomes Lollapalooza's first-ever K-pop girl band in 2023