The Battlefield 2042 day one patch is here and DICE has provided 0.2.1 notes while release dates have leaked for update 2 and 3.
DICE’s newest instalment in the BF series has been available over the past six days for Gold and Ultimate Edition owners. Since then, the title has received a very mixed reception from its playerbase due to lots of issues ranging from technical problems to design choices.
While the game isn’t perfect in its current state, the good news is that fixes are on the way.
Battlefield 2042 day one patch notes for update 0.2.1
The Battlefield 2042 day one patch notes for update 0.2.1 are as follows:
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
Battlefield 2042 update 2 release date
The day one patch for Battlefield 2042 is here but the leaked release date for update 2 is November 30th.
After that we will then see update 3 come out on December 7th. None of these days are officially confirmed by EA or DICE, but they come courtesy of often reliable leaker Tom Henderson.
The above dates could change, but EA’s update 1 website says that two further patches will be delivered over the next 30 days. This means that December 19th should be the deadline.
Aside from the release date for update 1, November 19th is also the launch day for the game’s Standard edition.
This is when everyone who didn’t buy the Gold or Ultimate edition are able to finally experience the carnage of Hazard Zone and All-Out-Warfare. Unfortunately, they’re not stepping into the happiest of environments as the game has been review bombed on Metacritic because of numerous issues.