“He’s the essence of evil.”
We all had boogeymen that haunted our dreams when we were kids, whether it was Jason Voorhees or Chucky that plagued us before bedtime.
However, if you ever stumbled upon Halloween in your youth then chances are that Michael Myers has given you at least one sleepless night.
John Carpenter’s 1978 classic is often regarded as one of the finest horror movies ever made and its slasher formula has proven incredibly influential on the genre for decades. Michael’s stalking and slashing were so potent that a franchise was soon born.
Just like Michael himself, there’s no keeping this one down.
David Gordon Green resurrected the iconic antagonist in 2018’s Halloween, de-canonizing the sequels and directly following up the original vision. It was widely applauded by fans of the franchise and, fortunately, it was soon announced that it would be part of a new trilogy.
The second installment is incredibly close at long last, so let’s explain where to watch Halloween Kills.
Where to watch Halloween Kills
Halloween Kills is screening in cinemas and streaming on Peacock from Friday, October 15th 2021.
It is only available on the paid tiers of Peacock and will be streaming for 60 days.
Many use the free version of the service, but you can subscribe to Peacock Premium for $4.99 a month or Peacock Premium Plus for $9.99 a month.
The release comes courtesy of Universal Pictures and you’ll find it screening at all multiplex chains such as Cineworld and Showcase etc.
As for what to expect, the film is set to begin exactly where we left off in Halloween (2018). This time around we follow the Strode family as they recruit the people of Haddonfield to help them take down Michael.
There will be guts, gore, and plenty of scares. But don’t take our word for it, just ask Judy Greer…
“I was so surprised by how gruesome it was”
Judy is back to reprise the role of Karen Nelson and she has already explained to Bloody Disgusting just how graphic the film can get:
“Yeah, it was so gory. I was so surprised by how gruesome it was. And I was like, ‘David! What’s wrong with you?”
However, she was sure to assert that the surprise was “really fun… it’s always a shock to me, in a good way.”
Delving more into the specifics of her character, she added: “Definitely the stakes are higher on the second one for her because now she believes her mom, and she feels like she has to protect her mom more than anything.”
Who’s in Haddonfield?
A wealth of talents have hopped aboard to join in the fight against Michael in this highly anticipated sequel.
Check out the cast and their respective roles below:
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode
- James Jude Courtney and Nick Castle as Michael Myers / The Shape
- Airon Armstrong as younger Michael Myers
- Judy Greer as Karen Nelson
- Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson
- Will Patton as Deputy Frank Hawkins
- Thomas Mann as young Frank Hawkins.
- Anthony Michael Hall as Tommy Doyle
- Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace
- Nancy Stephens as Marion Chambers
- Robert Longstreet as Lonnie Elam
- Tristian Eggerling as young Lonnie Elam
- Charles Cyphers as Leigh Brackett
- Dylan Arnold as Cameron Elam
- Jibrail Nantambu as Julian Morrisey
- Omar Dorsey as Sheriff Barker
- Brian F. Durkin as Deputy Graham
- David Lowe as Lance Tovoli
- Carmela McNeal as Vanessa
- Michael Smallwood as Marcus
- Diva Tyler as Sondra
- Lenny Clarke as Roger
- Salem Collins as Christy
Halloween Kills is in cinemas and on Peacock from Friday, October 15th 2021.