Amazon has just released Everybody’s Talking About Jamie – a film adaptation of the West End musical. With much of the film including the show’s original songs, as well as some new numbers, we highlight the film’s tracklist.
Amazon’s film follows Jamie New, a 16-year-old drag artist who struggles to be his true self within his northern community of County Durham. Based on the BBC Three documentary, ‘Jamie: Drag Queen at 16’, the West End show went on to inspire the film and the Amazon Original kept most of the original songs in the lineup for newcomers.
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie Soundtrack
Touring from its debut at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield back in 2017, the musical became a huge hit and also played at London’s West End.
With original writer, Tom MacRae, and composer, Dan Gillespie Sells, onboard, the pair reworked the musical numbers for the film adaptation.
With most of the musical’s songs making their way into the film, there was also a new song written called ‘This Was Me’, replacing the track ‘The Legend of Loco Chanelle (and the Blood Red Dress)’ from the show.
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie Track List
- Don’t Even Know It – by Jamie (Max Harwood) and Year 11
- Wall in My Head – by Jamie (Max Harwood)
- Spotlight – by Pritti (Lauren Patel), Jamie (Max Harwood), and Ensemble
- This Was Me – by Hugo (Richard E. Grant) and Holly Johnson
- Work of Art – by Miss Hedge (Sharon Horgan), Jamie (Max Harwood) and
- Over the Top – by Hugo (Richard E. Grant) and the Legs Eleven Girls
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie – by Year 11
- It Means Beautiful – by Pritti (Lauren Patel)
- He’s My Boy – by Margaret (Sarah Lancashire)
- My Man, Your Boy – by Jamie (Max Harwood) and Margaret (Sarah Lancashire)
- Finale – performed by Company
- Out of the Darkness (A Place Where We Belong) – by Jamie (Max Harwood) and Company
Fans of the film adaptation can listen to the Everybody’s Talking About Jamie soundtrack on Amazon.