The NTAs 2021 took place this week and social media users have pointed out that this year’s event was largely dominated by white dresses that looked like wedding gowns.
Every year, stars from television series across the UK come together for a glamorous night.
Many celebrities from daytime shows, soaps and reality series gather to celebrate the most successful shows, documentaries, actors and presenters.
Viewers at home have dubbed this year’s NTA dress code as wedding dresses after some celebs opted for white gowns.
When were the NTAs 2021?
The NTAs 2021 took place on Thursday, September 9th, 2021.
Actor, comedian and Joel Dommett made his presenting debut at the awards. His entrance to the event will be remembered by many as he literally “scooted down” the red carpet.
The event was due to take place at The O2 on April 20th, 2021 but was later rescheduled.
NTAs 2021: Who were not so good dressed?
An award ceremony means that there will always be some celebrities who leave great impressions for their outfits, while others receive not so great reactions.
A night gown can be a personal choice or selected by professional stylists but a large event like the NTAs means that all eyes are on celebrities.
For example, some viewers at home weren’t fan of the white dress sported by presenter and radio host Lizzie Cundy. Many people pointed out the outfit looked like a wedding gown.
“Why was the NTA’s full of wedding dresses,” reacted one Twitter user.
“Was the NTA dress code wedding dresses or what,” said someone else.
Some people weren’t fan of Tallia Storm’s outfit who opted for a red gown and black boots, while others had mixed reactions about Olivia Atwood’s black bodice.
Take a peek at some of the outfits from this year’s NTAs, no matter whether you are a fan or not.
Winners at the NTAs 2021
- Challenge Show: The Great British Bake Off
- New Drama: It’s A Sin
- Talent Show: Strictly Come Dancing
- The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award: I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
- Serial Drama: Coronation Street
- Serial Drama Performance: Mollie Gallagher, Nina Lucas, Coronation Street
- Authored Documentary: Kate Garraway: Finding Derek
- Quiz Game Show: Beat The Chasers
- Newcomer: Jude Riordan, Sam Blakeman, Coronation Street
- Returning Drama: Line of Duty
- TV Presenter: Ant and Dec
- Factual: Gogglebox
- Drama performance: David Tennant, Dennis Nilsen, Des
- Daytime: This Morning
- Comedy: After Life