A host of new badges for NBA 2K22 have been announced and gameplay featuring a fresh shot meter has been shown.
We haven’t seen or heard too much about the forthcoming basketball instalment which is why some may be shocked to hear that it’s still coming out in early September. There were a few fears amongst the community that it had been delayed, but the good news is that you will still be able to put on your sneakers and wear your baggy shorts very soon.
The developers have just conducted a thorough gameplay presentation, and it was full of exciting additions and quality of life improvements.
NBA 2K22 new badges
There are 17 new badges in NBA 2K22 and the list can be found below:
- Fast Twitch – Ability to get off the floor quicker for standing layups and dunks
- Grace Under Pressure – Ability to convert standing layups more effectively
- Limitless Takeoff – Ability to soar from further away on driving dunk attempts
- Mouse in the House – Ability for bigs to finish over shorter players more efficiently
- Unstrippable – Ability to secure the ball better when gathering for a layup/dunk in traffic
- Chef – Ability to knock down Steph-like off-dribble deep 3’s
- Limitless Spot-up – Ability to hit logo-range 3’s off a catch and shoot
- Lucky #7 – Boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock
- Mismatch Expert – Ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch
- Glue Hands – Ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble
- Hyperdrive – Boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves
- Quick Chain – Boosts the ability to quickly chain dribble moves together
- Post Playmaker – Boosts the effectiveness of both shots and moves when playing in the post
- Triple Threat Juke – Increases the effectiveness of triple threat fakes, jabs, and go moves
- Ball Stripper – Ability to strip layup and dunk attempts more effectively
- Hustler – Ability to get to those scrappy 50/50 balls quicker than opponents
- Menace – Significantly drops the offensive ratings of opponents when you smother them
All of these new badges come courtesy of the game’s deep dive presentation. With all of the above taken into account, there will be 80 badges to choose from altogether.
NBA 2K22 shot meter
The NBA 2K22 shot meter has changed from last year’s entry which is fantastic news for many fans.
2K Games say that the new shot meter has a large window when taking high-quality chances with better players, but that it shrinks when shooting under pressure. It also becomes smaller when fatigued or shooting with players that aren’t very good at landing the ball in the basket.
The deep dive also says that there is a major emphasis on Shot IQ which basically means that teams will receive more success from smart attempts rather than chaotic spamming. While all of this is different, you should know that shot timing still remains with the common additional boost for turning the meter off.
The release date for the forthcoming instalment is September 10th.
You can pre-order it now on either PlayStation, Xbox, or PC, but you should know that there are many features exclusive to next-gen consoles. This includes the City as opposed to the Neighbourhood, as well as The W mode.