Activision has announced the release date for when Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Season 5 will come out.
One of the most exciting aspects about the forthcoming version is that it seems to confirm the Call of Duty Vanguard rumours. The 2021 instalment of the CoD franchise is rumoured to take place in World War II, and it will apparently be revealed via Activision’s free-to-play battle royale epic.
It’ll be interesting to see how the hypothetical reveal happens, but – in regard to official news – there’s plenty of content to be excited about.
When does Warzone Season 5 come out?
The release date for when Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 5 will come out is August 12th.
Black Ops Cold War will receive its update at 21:00 PT on August 10th, as well as 00:00 ET and 05:00 BST on August 11th. The update will then release for the battle royale title 24-hours later.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 roadmap
The Black Ops Cold War Season 5 roadmap is as follows:
New multiplayer modes:
- Double Agent (at launch)
- Demolition (in season)
New multiplayer maps:
- Echelon (6v6)
- Slums (6v6)
- Showroom (2v2, 3v3)
- Drive In (6v6, in season)
- Zoo (6v6, in season)
- New Outbreak region – Collateral
- New Outbreak vehicle – Tank
- New Outbreak Equipment – Grapple Gun
- New Perk – Death Perception
- New Field Upgrade – Tesla Storm
- New Oubtreak objective – Transport
- Kitsune (at launch)
- Stryker (in season)
- Hyder (in season)
- EM2 (AR)
- TEC-9 (SMG)
- Marshal (in season)
- Flamethrower (scorestreak/support weapon)
- New map update – Broadcast Radio Stations
- New modes – Clash (in season)
- New Gulag – Rush
- New Perks – Combat Scout, Tempered
- The Numbers
New Prestige levels
Below are the Prestige levels outlined by Activision:
- Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 190: All Season Challenges Available
- Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card
- Levels 250–1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
In other news, Genshin Impact update 2.3 banner characters and release date