The release date for Genshin Impact update 2.1 isn’t too far away and the abilities for its first banner, Baal, have been leaked.
MiHoYo’s forthcoming version will celebrate its one-year birthday by adding fishing and giving us Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. Not only that, but Inazuma will also expand and there will be three new gals to play as – two that resemble anime emos and one who could pass as a cheerleader due to her blonde hair and big blue eyes.
All of the forthcoming characters are exciting, but fans are especially in love with the Electro archon, Raiden Shogun.
When does the Baal banner come out in Genshin Impact?
The leaked release date for when the Baal banner will come out in Genshin Impact is September 1st.
She will be the first character event wish for update 2.1, and she will come with Kujou Sara. With her position as a 5-stars heroine, this means Sara will be one of three 4-stars companions during her time in the spotlight.
If you prefer blonde waifus with blue eyes rather than anime girls who have an obsession with purple, you will want to wait until Kokomi arrives three weeks later.
Baal abilities and skills
Honey Hunter World have leaked the abilities and skills for Baal in Genshin Impact.
It’s possible some of the names will change when confirmed by miHoYo during the update 2.1 preview but her leaked skillset is as follows:
Normal Attack – Origin:
- Normal attack – Perform up to five consecutive spear strikes
- Charged attack – Consume stamina to perform an upwards slash
- Plunging attack – Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG
Elemental Skill: Transcendence – Baleful Light
The Raiden Shogun unveils a shard of her Euthymia, dealing Electro damage to nearby opponents, and granting nearby party members the Eye of Stormy Judgment.
When characters with this buff attack and hit opponents, the Eye will unleash a coordinated attack, dealing AoE Electro DMG at the opponent’s position.
The Eye can initiate one coordinated attack every 0.9s per party.
Elemental Burst: Secret Art – Musou Shinsetsus
The Raiden Shogun unleashes the Mousou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Electro DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterwards. The damage dealt is determined by the number of resolve stacks consumed when this skill is used.
Baal will wield her tachni in battle, while her Normal, Charged, and Plunging attacks will be infused with Electro DMG. This will regenerate Energy for all nearby party members. Energy can be restored this way once every 1s, and this effect can be triggered five times. During this state, her resistance to interruption is increased and she is immune to Electro-Charged reaction DMG.
Shogun Byakugen no Rin:
When nearby party members use their elemental bursts, Baal will build up Resolve based on the amount of energy they consume. The maximum amount of resolve stacks is 60.
Passive Talents and Constellations:
Honey Hunter World has also listed the following Passive Talents and Constellations:
- Wishes Unnumbered – When nearby party members gain elemental orbs or particles, Shogun Byakugen no Rin gains two resolve stacks. This effect can occur once every three seconds
- Enlightened One – Each 1% above 100% energy recharge that Baal possesses grants her 0.6% greater energy restoration from Mosou Isshin, and 0.4% Electro damage bonus.
- All-Preserver – Spend 50% less Mora when ascending swords and polearms.
- Ominous Inscription – Shogun Byakugen no Rin gathers resolve even faster. When Electro characters use their elemental bursts, Baal gains 80% more resolve. Any other elemental types gain an additional 20% resolve.
- Pledge of Propriety – When the Musou Isshin state applied by Secret Art: Mosou Shinsetsu expires, all party members except Baal receive a 30% bonus attack for ten seconds.
- Shinkage Bygones – Increases the level of Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Steelbreaker – While in the Musou Isshin state applied by Secret Art: Mosou Shinsetsu, Baal’s attacks ignore 60% of the enemy’s defense
- Shogun’s Descent – Increases the level of Transcendence: Baleful Light by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Wishbearer – While in the Musou Isshin state applied by Secret Art: Mosou Shinsetsu, Baal’s normal, charged, and plunging attacks decrease all party members’ elemental burst cooldowns by one second when they hit opponents. This effect doesn’t apply to Baal herself, and the effect can only trigger once per second (up to five times during the state’s duration).
In other news, PS Plus October 2021 new PS5 game leak and reveal date