A woman has gone viral on TikTok after sharing her terrifying story about of how a viral poached egg hack went wrong.

TikTok is full of weird and wonderful hacks that are designed to make your life a whole lot easier.

There’s pizza hacks, bikini hacks, ponytail hacks. You name anything, there’s probably a TikTok hack for it.

The latest one shows a new way to poach your eggs, but one woman has revealed that it can actually be really dangerous.

TikTok – Hum Nose Trailer

BridTV
3086
TikTok – Hum Nose Trailer
817294
817294
center
13872

Woman severely injured after trying viral egg hack

Poached eggs is something we all want to master, but not many of us truly can.

On July 2nd, Chantelle Conway from Farnworth, England, decided to try one of TikTok’s many poached egg hacks to try and get the perfect breakfast, but it backfired.

After attempting to crack a raw egg into a cup of boiling water and place it into the microwave, she was left with devastating burns, and she’s taken to TikTok to share her story.

@chantelleconway2020

⚠️ warning ⚠️ please please people stop doing ur Porched  eggs in the microwave 💔 I was VERY VERY lucky .Iv now got to just leave it to heal #fypシ

♬ original sound – Chantelle Conway 🖤

Chantelle shares her story on TikTok

On July 4th, Chantelle took to TikTok to share what happened to her and warn others against using the viral poached egg hack.

“Hi guys, just a quick message. People have been telling me about the TikTok egg hack doing poached eggs in the microwave. Well, this is what’s happened to me. I’ve literally burnt by full face and my neck off,” she said.

She then revealed that the incident happened on Friday 2nd July at 11am when she put boiling water in a cup and cracked her egg in it as she had been doing for over two years.

However, when she took it out she put the spoon in the cup to take her egg out, the cold spoon shocked the boiling water and caused it to splash back all over her face.

In the video, you can see that Chantelle’s whole face is red, peeling and raw.

Since then, Chantelle has been documenting her recovery journey in a series of other TikTok’s that you can watch on her profile @chantelleconway2020.

@chantelleconway2020

Day 4 of my burns 😭 I’m just wondering if they is anyone out there what could recommend a really good cream for when the old skin comes off . 🙏🏽💗

♬ original sound – Chantelle Conway 🖤

TikTok reacts to the video

Chantelle’s first video has had over 130,000 views, and TikTok users have been thanking her for sharing her story.

“Thank you for putting this out there. I’m sorry this happened to you,” one person commented.

Another wrote: “Bless you, thank you for making us aware. I will not be doing that again. Hope it heals up soon, sending best wishes to you.”

“This is my worst fear when doing this. I’ve done it for about two years but I always let it sit for about one to two minutes before taking it out the microwave,” added a third person.

In other news, How often does the moon wobble? NASA announces increase of severe flooding in 2030!