The worldwide release may still be several days away, but spoilers for the upcoming chapter of One Piece, number 1019, have been revealed on social media.
The One Piece manga may have been around for over 24 years and have 99 published volumes, but fans around the world are still as impatient as ever.
There was a scheduled break in the manga series last week, with the most recent chapter debuting back on the July 4th weekend.
Now, with the iconic series set to return for another instalment, the first spoilers have been leaked on social media…So, what on earth is a ‘Heliceratops’ and why is it already trending online?
SPOILER WARNING: This article contains potential spoilers for OP 1019.
One Piece chapter 1019: Release date
One Piece chapter 1019 is scheduled to release on Sunday, July 18th according to Viz Media’s content schedule.
You can read a full breakdown of the release here.
One Piece chapter 1019: Spoilers and leaks
SPOILER WARNING: Do not read on if you do not wish to know potential spoilers for One Piece chapter 1019.
- The chapter is titled ‘Heliceratops’ and opens on the Live Floor, where Sanji is dodging multiple attacks of Queen’s Sanji beam.
- On the Hearts Pirates’ submarine, water is being pumped out of Luffy and everyone is wondering what type of medicine he needs, when he suddenly wakes up and shouts… “Meat!!”
- Cut to inside the Skull Dome, where Sasaki and Franky are battling as the Gifter Armoured Division enters the fight.
- The two complement each other’s strengths and smile before transforming into their hybrid forms.
- Sasaki keeps the Triceratops head and lower body, whilst leaving his torso and arms human – technically with dinosaur skin still.
- He draws two swords that begin to spin rapidly and looks upwards…Suddenly, his frill bone starts to spin his head at extremely high speeds and he starts to fly!
- Franky is astonished at the skill needed to fly like this and asks what the attack is called, to which Sasaki replies “Heliceratops!” as he destroys the Gifters Armoured Division.
- Sasaki then lands on the ground and launches a massive charge attack called ‘Tamaceratops’ that knocks Franky down and explodes a rocket launcher on his shoulder.
- Franky then sees an old scar on Sasaki’s belly and assumes that this must be the weak spot. He targets the area with his Franken Sword but Sasaki is able to dodge and fly back into the air.
- Franky is able to dodge the next attack and lands his own counter, the General Cannon, which knocks Sasaki back – who starts to bleed from the mouth.
- However, this fight is not over as Sasaki uses a new attack called ‘Magnumceratops’ that completely shatters part of the Shougun.
- Sasaki is about to finish the battle when Franky, who is lying on the ground, shoots his Franky Radical Beam – it pierces Franky’s belly and instantly collapses.
- The chapter ends by cutting to Kaidou and Yamato, who are still battling and arguing on the dome. Yamato finally transforms into his hybrid form; two horns, massive claws, a thick coat of hair and fire whirling around the entire body.
This article will be updated if any new information becomes available.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]
In other news, WATCH: 'Waterproof' cat video on TikTok baffles viewers