The hit manga series ‘Chainsaw Man’ is getting an anime adaptation and fans can’t wait after the first official PV trailer premieres online!
There are literally thousands of manga series from around the world available for you to read online, but there aren’t that many series quite like Chainsaw Man.
With a considerably darker theme than many other traditional series, alongside extremely gory violence and a set of superb characters, the manga has become a fan-favourite over recent years.
However, last week was a special one for all CSM fans, when the first trailer for the anime adaptation premiered online!
Announcing the Chainsaw Man anime…
In December 2020, rumours about an anime started when The Unofficial Shonen Jump News Twitter page tweeted that a “TV anime adaptation” for Chainsaw Man would be produced.
Many fans had been expecting an anime adaptation to be revealed following the conclusion of the manga that weekend after author Tatsuki Fujimoto said that an “important announcement” would be made.
On December 13th, it was officially confirmed that the epic manga would be making its television debut.
MAPPA letting it rip…
The anime adaptation of Chainsaw Man will be produced by the animation studio MAPPA.
MAPPA has had an incredible few years, producing The God of High School, Dorohedoro, Jujutsu Kaisen and the final season of Attack on Titan.
Considering how visually stunning these series have been, fans are understandably extremely excited about having MAPPA at the helm of the Chainsaw Man anime.
Chainsaw Man anime trailer…
On April 16th, it was reported that the first reveal trailer for the Chainsaw Man anime series will debut this summer.
The first PV trailer was released later as part of the MAPPA Stage 10th Anniversary on June 27th, 2021.
You can check out the official trailer below:
Chainsaw Man: Release date predictions…
- At the time of writing, an official release date for the Chainsaw Man anime has not been revealed, but HITC predicts the series will premiere in Fall 2021.
Whilst there is no official information on the potential release date of the Chainsaw Man anime, we can speculate on when the series would premiere based on the production schedule for a similar project; Jujutsu Kaisen.
Similar to Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen is a direct manga adaptation from MAPPA and had enough source material to create at least one season straight-off-the-bat.
The anime was announced on November 25th, 2019 and premiered on October 3rd, 2020. Assuming that a Chainsaw Man adaptation experiences a similar production schedule, fans could expect the series to premiere in either October or November 2021.
October would coincide with the start of the Fall slate, with November being 11 months after the first announcement. It will also stop any potential clashes with MAPPA’s other major projects, including Attack on Titan in Winter.
Chainsaw Man staff…
The following staff members have been confirmed to be working on the CSM production.
- Ryuu Nakayama as the director (Jujutsu Kaisen)
- Hiroshi Seko as the script director (Dorohedoro)
- Kazutaka Sugiyama as the character designer (Mushoku Tensei)
- Tatsuya Yoshihara as the action director (Black Clover)
- Makoto Nakazono as the chief director (SSSS.Gridman)
- Kiyotaka Oshiyama as the devil designer (Devilman: Crybaby)
- Yuusuke Takeda as the art director (Vinland Saga)
- Naomi Nakano as the colour designer (Sword Art Online: Alicization)
- Youhei Miyahara as the layout designer (Scrapped Princess)
- Kensuke Ushio is the composer (Devilman: Crybaby)
- Keisuke Seshita as the animation producer (Jujutsu Kaisen)
This article will be updated as soon as more information is revealed, so keep checking back in for the latest news.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]