Overwatch is one of the most popular games available and fans can now get a new Legendary Skin for Widowmaker. While the Legendary Skin is neat, there are lots of people asking: when is crossplay coming to Overwatch? Here you’ll discover release date news for when the crossplay beta will come out, and you’ll also discover how to get cross platform multiplayer between PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
While the arrival of cross platform multiplayer is exciting, there are lots of people excited about the sequel which has 5v5 PvP matches with a tank dropped from each team. It’s likely that the sequel will come out in 2022 rather than this year, but the good news is that the ability to play against mates on different consoles is more imminent.
Below you’ll discover when crossplay is coming to Overwatch.
How to get crossplay for Overwatch
You will need a Battle.net account to get crossplay and cross platform multiplayer for Overwatch.
Once you have created a Battle.net account for Overwatch, you will then need to link your console profile to enjoy the crossplay beta.
Follow the below steps to achieve the above:
- Visit Battle.net
- Create a free account
- Go to your Account Settings
- Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console
After you have done the above, you will then need to link your console game to your Battle.net account.
- Launch the game on your system
- Press the confirmation button to progress through the Overwatch welcome screen
- You will be presented with an alpha-numeric code and a QR code
- The alpha-numeric code can be entered at blizzard.com/link
- The QR code may be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game
- Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to finalize the connection between your console game and Battle.net accounts
- You will receive a message in-game that notifies that your account is now successfully connected
When does cross platform multiplayer come out for Overwatch?
There is no release date for when crossplay and cross platform multiplayer will come out for Overwatch.
However, although there’s no release date, the cross platform multiplayer beta for Overwatch will be coming out ‘soon’.
There a few caveats you should know about such as the fact that there will be no cross-progression.
In addition, console players will be able to disable the feature, but PC users will not.
Know that the feature will only be available in beta-phase with the development team seeking feedback from fans to improve the final product.
Check out the FAQ for more information.