Everything you need to know about Netflix’s new anime ‘Trese’, including release date, time, cast and plot for the highly anticipated Filipino series!
Netflix officially dropped a bombshell on anime fans on May 21st when it premiered the trailer for a brand-new series, Trese.
Trese is an anime adaptation of the widely successful Komik series of the same name and has caught the attention of fans both in the Philippines and internationally.
Here is everything you need to know about the Trese anime series!
Trese: Netflix release date
The Trese anime series was officially announced in November 2018 and Netflix’s ‘See What’s Next Asia’ event in Singapore.
In October 2020, Netflix released the first look at the series and revealed that it would debut in 2021.
The official trailer for Trese then confirmed a June 11th premiere.
Trese: Release time
Netflix’s release of Trese is rather unique, with the series set to release at a different time than the typical update window.
The series becomes available today, June 10th, in North America and Europe, with the anime set to premiere tomorrow in Asia.
Trese is set to release at the following times around the world:
- Pacific Time: 9 AM on Thursday, June 10th
- Central Time: 11 AM on Thursday, June 10th
- Eastern Time: 12 PM on Thursday, June 10th
- British Time: 5 PM on Thursday, June 10th
- European Time: 6 PM on Thursday, June 10th
- Philippine Time: 12 AM PHT on Friday, June 11th
- Japan Time: 1 AM PHT on Friday, June 11th
Trese: Anime plot
Trese is a horror/crime anime created by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo. The series follows Alexandra Trese, an unusual detective who specialises in crimes of the supernatural in the Philippines.
“When the sun sets in the city of Manila, don’t you dare make a wrong turn and end up in that dimly-lit side of the metro, where aswang run the most-wanted kidnapping rings, where kapre are the kingpins of crime, and engkantos slip through the cracks and steal your most precious possessions.” – An extract from the online ‘Komik’ blog.
Accompanied by two magical creatures herself, Trese must fight the supernatural crime syndicate that threatens to destroy Manilla.
Trese: Voice cast
The voice cast for the English dubbing of Trese include the following:
- Shay Mitchell – Alexandra Trese
- Griffin Puatu – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio), Bantay
- Matt Yang King – Captain Guerrero, Dominic
- Jon Jon Briones – Hank, Xa-Mul
- Steve Blum – Datu Talagbusao, Ibwa
- Carlos Alazraqui – Anton Trese, Santelmo
- Manny Jacinto – Maliksi
- Eric Bauza – Nuno the Snitch, Bagyon Lektro
- Darren Criss – Marco
- Nicole Scherzinger – Miranda Trese
- Lou Diamond Phillips – Mayor Sancho Santamaria
- Dante Basco – Bagyon Kulimlim
- Rodney To – Aswang market guard
The following cast list is for the original Filipino language:
- Liza Soberano – Alexandra Trese
- Simon dela Cruz – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio)
- Apollo Abraham – Captain Guerrero
- Christopher Carlo Caling – Hank
- Eugene Adalia – Anton Trese
- Cheska Aguiluz – Miranda Trese
- Christian Velarde – Nuno
- Bryan Encarnacion – Datu Talagbusao
- Nica Rojo – Ramona
- Jose Amado Santiago – Marco
- Steve dela Cruz – Maliksi
- Rene Tandoc – Mayor Santamaria
- Steffi Graf Bontogon-Mola – Young, Teen Alexandra
This article will be updated if any of the described information is officially altered.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]