Call the Midwife season 10 is back on BBC One but just who appears in the cast of episode 5? Meet guest stars Julia Haworth, Molly Jenkins, Paula Lane and Daniel Easton.
Call the Midwife has been one of BBC One’s brightest and most popular shows since it arrived on our screens in 2012.
After almost a decade on our screens, we’ve come to know and love the cast of Call the Midwife like family.
But just who is set to appear in the cast of Call the Midwife season 10, episode 5? Who are this week’s guest stars?
Call the Midwife season 10, episode 5
Call the Midwife season 10 continues with episode 5 on Sunday, May 16th.
After episode 4 saw England win the 1966 World Cup, it’s back down to Earth in episode 5 as Sister Julienne is carrying out home visits in lieu of Sister Hilda who is away on a refresher course.
While examining an expectant mother, Sister Julienne is concerned when she notices her toddler daughter is showing some troubling symptoms.
Meanwhile, Pupil Midwife Nancy Corrigan has her work cut out for her as she faces frustration with an overly protective mother who is struggling to cope with her teenage daughter’s pregnancy.
Episode 5 cast
As ever in Call the Midwife, the sisters and nurses at Nonnatus House are joined by a host of guest stars and joining the cast this week are:
Main and recurring cast
- Jenny Agutter as Sister Julienne
- Linda Bassett as Nurse Phyllis Crane
- Judy Parfitt as Sister Monica Joan
- Helen George as Nurse Trixie Franklin
- Laura Main as Nurse Shelagh Turner
- Leonie Elliott as Nurse Lucille Anderson
- Stephen McGann as Dr. Patrick Turner
- Cliff Parisi as Fred Buckle
- Annabelle Apsion as Violet Buckle
- Ella Bruccoleri as Sister Frances
- Megan Cusack as Pupil Midwife Nancy Corrigan
- Georgie Glen as Miss Millicent Higgins
- Zephryn Taitte as Cyril Robinson
- Olly Rix as Matthew Aylward
- April Rae Hoang as May Tang
- Alice Brown as Angela Turner
- Edward Shaw as Teddy Turner
- Max Macmillan as Timothy Turner
- Rebecca Tebbett as Pupil Midwife Alison Hopkiss
- Scarlett Courtney as Pupil Midwife Janice Cowan
- Karene Peter as Pupil Midwife Georgette Bains
- Vanessa Redgrave as Voice of Mature Jennifer Worth
Episode 5 guest stars
- Julia Haworth as Doris Owen
- Molly Jenkins as Jeanette Owen
- Paula Lane as Vera Sands
- Charlotte Alcock as Elaine Sands
- Megan Salter as Mrs Ball
- Daniel Easton as George Sands
- Jack Simmance as Glen Witton
- Cate Fowler as Miss Norton
- Donna Combe as Florist
Guest star spotlight
Julia Haworth as Doris Owen
Taking on the role of concerned mother Doris Owen is Julia Haworth.
The Burnley-born actress has been a regular on our screens since her 1993 acting debut in Three Seven Eleven.
Since then, Julia has appeared in Peak Practice, Merseybeat, The Dumping Ground, Doctors and The Bay but her best-known role will be that of Claire Peacock in over 600 episodes of Coronation Street between 2003 and 2011.
Molly Jenkins as Jeanette Owen
Pregnant teen Jeanette Owen is played by Molly Jenkins.
Call the Midwife is just her fourth acting role to date with other appearances coming in Doctors, Hollyoaks and the 2021 film Override.
Paula Lane as Vera Sands
Yorkshire-born Paula Lane guests stars in episode 4 as Vera Sands, an expectant mother who already has a toddler daughter.
Like Julia Haworth, Paula Lane is a veteran of Coronation Street and also appeared in over 600 episodes of the ITV soap as Kylie Turner (later Platt) until 2016.
The 35-year-old actress also has previous appearances in The Royal, Going Postal, Doctors and Heartbeat.
Daniel Easton as George Sands
And finally, Daniel Easton takes on the role of George Sands in episode 5.
Daniel has right acting credits to his name according to IMDb with previous roles coming in Father Brown, Atlantis, Doctors, The Alienist and a Royal Shakespeare Company broadcast of The Tempest.
Call the Midwife season 10 continues on BBC One on Sunday, May 16th at 8pm.