It’s April 22nd which means one thing – Earth Day 2021! Here are 27 inspiring quotes to celebrate our environment.
Every year on April 22nd, the world celebrates Earth Day, which marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
On the first-ever Earth Day in 1970, people were made aware of the state of our planet and everyone suddenly gained an environmental consciousness.
Over 50 years later, Earth Day is still celebrated worldwide and is widely viewed as a day of action to help preserve the globe.
Here are 27 quotes to celebrate Earth Day and inspire change…
27 Earth Day Quotes
- “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery. Air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy’.” – Sylvia Plath
- “Do something. Pay your rent for the privilege of living on this beautiful, blue-green, living Earth.” – Dave Foreman
- “‘I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” – Mother Teresa
- “The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” – Rachel Carson
- “An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.” – David Attenborough
- “Time spent among trees is never time wasted.” – Katrina Mayer
- “Earth Day should encourage us to reflect on what we are doing to make our planet a more sustainable and liveable place.” – Scott Peters
- “Be the change you wish to see in this world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” – Bill Nye
- “Man is still the greatest miracle and the greatest problem on this earth.” – David Sarnoff
- “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.” – Kurt Vonnegut Jr
- “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” – Pope John Paul II
- “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
- “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Today I have grown taller from walking with the trees.” – Karle Wilson Baker
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.” – Barry Commoner
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry.
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “Let every breath, every word and every step make the mother earth proud of us.” – Amit Ray
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.“ -John Ruskin
- “There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.” – Marshall McLuhan