League of Legends is one of the biggest video game series on the market and there’s even news about Riot Games working to make it a huge cinematic universe. While there’s been lots for LoL fans to enjoy recently such as the arrival of Wild Rift, fans have also been introduced to the upcoming new champion Gwen. Some people are asking when does Gwen come out, and here you’ll find the abilities and release date for the Hallowed Seamstress.
One of the most exciting aspects about the LoL series is an in-development MMO which Riot Games have confirmed details about. Not only that, but Wild Rift is also expected to arrive on console sometime in the future. However, what’s more important to fans in the here and now is the arrival of patch 11.8.
The patch notes for update 11.8 are available to check out, and below you’ll discover the release date and abilities for Gwen.
What are the abilities for Gwen in League of Legends?
The abilities for Gwen in League of Legends have been revealed.
Riot Games have shared the abilities for Gwen on the League of Legends website and they are as follows:
Passive – Thousand Cuts:
- Gwen’s basic attacks deal bonus on-hit magic damage based on a percentage of her enemies’ maximum health. Basic attacks against champions will heal her for some of the damage dealt.
Q- Snip Snip!:
- Gwen rapidly snips her scissors between two and six times, dealing magic damage in a cone. At a minimum, Gwen will snip twice, adding one snip per basic attack Gwen has landed on an enemy (up to four for a total of six).
- Enemies in the center of each snip take true damage, as well as the bonus magic damage from Thousand Cuts.
W- Hallowed Mist:
- Gwen spins up the Hallowed Mist to surround her for five seconds, gaining some armor and magic resist when in it. Enemies outside the Mist cannot target Gwen or hit her with any abilities. The mist will move to follow Gwen the first time she tries to leave it, but will dissipate the next time.
E – Skip ‘n Slash:
- Gwen dashes a short distance and empowers her attacks with increased range, speed, and on-hit magic damage for four seconds. Attacking an enemy during this time refunds 50% of this ability’s cooldown.
R – Needlework:
- Gwen can cast Needlework up to three times, but needs to hit an enemy within 8 seconds to unlock each subsequent cast. Each cast fires needles in a line that deal magic damage, slow enemies, and apply Gwen’s Thousand Cuts bonus magic damage.
- The first cast will fire one needle, the second will fire three, and the final cast will fire five, for a total of nine needles and nine applications of Thousand Cuts to enemies hit.
When does Gwen come out in LoL?
The release date for when Gwen will come out in League of Legends is April 15th.
It was previously believed that Gwen would come out in LoL on April 14th thanks to the League of Legends update schedule for 2021, but the 11.8 patch notes confirm April 15th.
While the Hallowed Seamstress comes out slightly later than initially expected, she is part of the SpaceGroove series.
Again, the patch notes are available to check out, but you can also view the game’s entire update schedule for all of 2021.