Do you want to have a go at TikTok’s viral Silhouette Challenge? Well here’s a tutorial that explains exactly how to do it.
Gone are the days of learning a simple dance routine and posting it to TikTok. The app’s trends are getting a little more difficult and now require some pretty good editing skills.
There’s a new trend that’s taking over TikTok and it’s called the Silhouette Challenge. It’s really effective, but users are struggling to know exactly how to do it.
If you’re a little confused then don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to nail the Silhouette Challenge!
What is the TikTok Silhouette Challenge?
The hashtag #silhouettechallenge has already had a huge 91 million views on the app, and it’s gone viral in a matter of days, but what actually is it?
Essentially, the Silhouette Challenge involves posing in a doorway before turning yourself into a black silhouette against a seductive red background. In the background, you add the song Put Your Head on My Shoulder by The Platters.
It takes the popular transition trend that’s taken over TikTok in the past year, but adds a little twist, using filters and colour to enhance the transition.
The Silhouette Challenge has quickly become January’s biggest TikTok trend, and if you want to give it a go, here’s how.
How to do the Silhouette Challenge on TikTok
These TikTok challenges are getting really technical, and it’s no longer a case of watching a video and knowing how to recreate it yourself. The Silhouette Challenge requires a very specific set of steps to make it work.
Here’s how to make your own Slhouette Challenge video…
- First, find a doorway that you can film in.
- Then, stand in front of it and film the first part of the video. Wear normal clothes and film in full lightning.
- Now, it’s time to do the silhouette section.
- For this, you actually need to film the clip on Snapchat and apply a filter called ‘Vin Rouge’.
- Then, turn off all the lights apart from one light in the room behind you.
- This should make you look like a silhouette. Make sure you wear tight fitting clothes to add to the effect.
- Now all you need to do is save both clips to your camera roll and edit them both together.
- Then, add the Put Your Head on My Shoulder sound.
- Now you should be ready to post your TikTok.
Watch the tutorial below for a visual explanation.
How to find the Vin Rouge Filter
To do the Silhouette Challenge, you’ll need to use a red effect called the Vin Rouge Filter. If you’re struggling to find it on TikTok, that’s because it’s actually on Snapchat!
Find out how to get the Vin Rouge Filter here.