Celtic may soon have a decision to make regarding their prize asset
Real Madrid have become the latest club to be credited with an interest in Odsonne Edouard.
The Celtic striker was first linked with Los Blancos in May 2019 by Spanish site Defensa Central.
At that point the Frenchman was nearing the end of his second season in Glasgow. He arrived on loan from PSG in 2017 and saw his move made permanent for a fee estimated to be above £8m.
Over the last two years Edouard has been linked with a total of 26 clubs, and earlier this month West Ham United were mentioned in connection with the man who has scored 15 goals in 10 appearances for France’s Under-21 side.
Defensa Central have now published another report linking Edouard with a move to the Bernabeu, claiming that Celtic are resigned to the player’s departure and that their asking price would be somewhere between £17.7 and £22.1 million.
Although Edouard has not quite reached the heights of previous seasons this time around, the report says that his 11 goals and four assists in 23 matches “are figures that enchant Real Madrid”.
They state that manager Zinedine Zidane has been aware of the 23-year-old since his time in PSG’s youth team, and that the France legend is keen to bring him in as backup for the ageing Karim Benzema.
Edouard has also been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus over the last two years.
Here is the complete list of teams reported to have been keen on Edouard.
1) Aston Villa (The Telegraph, August 2020 )
2) Borussia Dortmund (le10sport, April 2020)
3) Napoli (Daily Mail, September 2019)
4) Sampdoria (Primo Canale, October 2019)
6) Lyon (The Guardian, September 2019)
7) Atalanta (Daily Mail, September 2019)
9) Monaco (L’Equipe, September 2019)
10) Lille (le10sport, April 2020)
11) Arsenal (The Mirror, March 2020)
12) Roma (Il Romanista, June 2020)
13) Juventus (Calcio Mercato, December 2020)
14) Chelsea (90min, February 2020)
15) Leicester City (Daily Mail, August 2020)
16) Manchester United (Daily Mail, February 2020)
17) Lazio (Scottish Sun, January 2020)
18) Tottenham Hotspur (The Times, May 2020)
19) Brighton & Hove Albion (The Times, August 2020)
20) Marseille (Scottish Sun, February 2020)
21) Leeds United (The Sun, July 2020)
22) Everton (le10sport, April 2020)
23) Newcastle United (Daily Star, March 2020)
24) RB Leipzig (le10sport, April 2020)
25) Crystal Palace (L’Equipe, July 2020)
26) West Ham United (Transfer Window Podcast, January 2021)
Edouard’s Celtic contract expires in 2022.