Need a full breakdown for the release date and time for Boruto chapter 54? Read our rundown for international audiences here!
There are very few ongoing manga series that are more popular than Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
Following the news that the manga’s original creator Masashi Kishimoto has taken over as head writer following chapter 52, there are a lot of eyes on the franchise.
In this article, we breakdown the release date and time for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations chapter 54, as well as discussing any potential spoilers circulating social media.
Boruto chapter 54: Release date
- Boruto chapter 54 is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021.
This according to the official Boruto section on Viz Media’s Shonen Jump.
Boruto chapter 54: Release time
We are expecting Boruto chapter 54 to be released at midnight JST on Wednesday, January 20th.
If this release time remains correct, the English translations for chapter 54 should become available online at the following times:
- Pacific Time: 9 AM on Wednesday, January 20th
- Central Time: 11 AM on Wednesday, January 20th
- Eastern Time: Noon on Wednesday, January 20th
- British Time: 5 PM on Wednesday, January 20th
NOTE: These times are approximations based on the release schedule of previous chapters and are subject to change.
Boruto chapter 54: Spoilers
SPOILER WARNING: Do not read on unless you wish to know potential spoilers for Boruto chapter 54.
- Chapter starts with Boroshiki saying that he has removed Sasuke’s spacetime ninjutsu, but Naruto reveals that Momoshiki has now taken over Boruto’s body completely.
- Kawaki attempts to reach Boruto by saying “Cut it out you b*****d” but Borushiki mocks him, saying “You’re free now aren’t you? Isshiki Otsutsuki’s soul has been completely destroyed.”
- Kawaki attacks Borushiki, but he manages to dodge easily and stabs Kawaki in the back – meanwhile Naruto passes out.
- He then reveals that he is planning on feeding Kawaki to the ten tails so they can extract to chakra fruit.
- Borushiki is winning the fight, but Sasuke then steps in to help. He uses a lightning release to force Borushiki back – but he uses a shadow clone to avoid the black flames.
- Sasuke realises that Borushiki is unable to absorb the ninjutsu and tells Kawaki that this could be a way to deal with him.
- Sasuke then realises that Boruto may be able to regain control if his chakra is restored, which may be why Borushiki is unable to absorb chakra himself – under the assumption this would restore Boruto.
- Borushiki launches a vanishing resengan attack which hits Sasuke, who goes down.
- Kawaki is able to land a hit on Borushiki using the last of his chakra and loses consciousness.
- However, just as Borushiki attempts to finish his plan, Boruto wakes up and breaks off the horn – he now has full control back.
- The chapter ends with Sasuke looking over Naruto’s unconscious body in a concerned manner.
As always, take leaked spoilers with a pinch of salt and read chapters through official sources.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]