Martin Luther King Jr. Day is on January 18th, so pay tribute to the civil right leader with some of his most famous quotes on your socials!
Martin Luther King Day celebrates the birthday of the iconic civil rights leader. The annual US holiday takes place on the third Monday of January. President Ronald Reagan declared the occasion as a holiday in 1983 and the the first celebration took place three years later.
The day seems even more meaningful in 2021 after the Black Lives Matter movement raised issues on police brutality against black people globally.
Show your love for MLK with these quotes, taken from his legendary speeches – perfect for your Instagram caption!
20 Best Martin Luther King quotes
1. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
2. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
3. “No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like water, and righteousness like a might stream” – I Have A Dream speech August 28th 1963
4. “We need leaders not in love with money, but in love with justice. Not in love with publicity but in love with humanity.”
5. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
6. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.”
7. “We ain’t gon’ let nobody turn us around” – March 25th 1965
8. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”
9. “If I can’t do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”
10. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now. “
11. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
12. “There comes a time when silence is betrayal.”
13. “For the hour is late. The clock of destiny is ticking out, and we must act now before it is too late.” – June 23, 1963
14. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
15. “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
16. “In spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.”
17. “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
18. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.”
19. “You don’t need to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
20. “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” – Rosa Parks.