Snapchat has allowed users to make their everyday pictures look different with the help of their filters. But what is a cameo selfie? How can you stop others from viewing it?
Snapchat has been making changes to the app ever since its inception. It tries to keep up with what the users want. One feature that was got many excited was the cameo selfie option on Snapchat. However, some are unaware of what it really is. So, we are here to help you out!
What is a cameo selfie on Snapchat?
If you like gifs and memes, a cameo selfie might be the perfect tool for you to have some fun. To put it in simpler words, a cameo selfie option puts your face on different objects. For instance, if you want your face on a cat, Snapchat is there for you!
You can also make cameos with your friends. Snapchat allows a two-person version and lets you have some fun along with your friend. Here’s how to create a cameo selfie:
- Open a Chat
- Tap the smiley option in the Chat bar and tap the sign with a plus sign at the bottom
- Tap on a Cameos tile and take a selfie
- Choose if you’d like to enable two-person Cameos that star you and your friends
How to stop others from viewing your cameo:
Having a cameo can be fun, but don’t forget that others can see it too. However, you have the option of changing it and letting only your friends view your cameo. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Tap the settings option in My Profile
- Tap ‘Use my Cameos Selfie’ under the ‘Who Can…’ section
- Choose who can use your Cameos selfie
- Tap ‘Everyone’ to allow any Snapchatter who can contact you to use your Cameos selfie
- Tap ‘My Friends’ to only allow your friends to use your Cameos selfie
- Tap ‘Only Me’ to disable two-person Cameos
How to delete your cameo:
If you want to delete you cameo, follow these steps:
- Tap settings option in My Profile
- Tap ‘Clear My Cameos Selfie’ under ‘Account Actions’
- Tap ‘Clear’