During lockdown, people have been killing their boredom by trying out the latest TikTok trends which have been flying through the app every week.
The newest trend involves food, and it is a challenge easy enough for everybody to give it a go. All you need is a tortilla wrap, your favourite foods, and something to toast it with!
For instructions on how to try out the tortilla wrap hack, read on below!
TikTok tortilla hack goes viral
People all over TikTok have been trying out a new tortilla wrap hack, which includes filling each quarter of the tortilla with a different foods and folding the quarters over to make a neatly folded triangle wrap.
The appeal of the hack is that it is a mess- free way to enjoy a wrap packed with all your favourite foods.
People have gotten creative with the hack, with people making all sorts of wraps. Here are our favourite ideas to try with the wrap hack:
- Breakfast wrap: Bacon, eggs, cheese, sausage, hashbrowns
- Desert wrap: Chocolate spread, bananas, strawberries
- Tex- Mex wrap: Beans, chicken, cheese, lettuce
- Meat and cheese wrap: Ham, mozzarella, chorizo, cheddar
How to do the TikTok tortilla wrap hack
- Take a tortilla and fill each quarter of the wrap with a different food
- Make a cut in between two of the quarters (use a pizza cutter to help cut the wrap from the edge to the middle)
- Carefully fold each quarter over the other (if you have put large food items in the quarters this may be hard to do, but squash each quarter down)
- Toast the wrap either in a saucepan with some butter and cheese, or in a sandwich grill.
TikTok food hacks to try
In 2020, TikTok was full of fun food hacks just like the tortilla wrap hack, and the most popular was definitely the Whipped Coffee.
Back in March 2020, everyone was spending their lockdown attempting to make the newest trendy drink- a whipped ice coffee.
Here is how you can make it:
- In a small bowl add two spoonfuls of coffee, two spoonfuls of sugar and two spoonfuls of boiling water
- Whip the ingredients together until they form a foam- like consistency (using a whisk or an electric milk foamer saves time)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and cold milk
- Spoon the coffee foam on top of the milk and mix together to enjoy your drink!