YouTuber Trisha Paytas became the latest victim of a viral Twitter hoax. On November 30th, 2020, #riptrisha started trending on Twitter, and people were quick to assume something bad had happened.

Fans of the Instagram model flocked to the social media platform to find some answers. However, they grew more worried when they did not hear anything from Trish herself.

Fortunately, after a long silence, Trish decided to put an end to the viral hoax as she assured her fans she was doing fine on social media.

Photo by Theo Wargo/WireImage

What really started the #riptrisha hoax on Twitter?

Twitter users went into a frenzy when a tweet claiming that Trish had died in a car accident went viral. However, many had their doubts as these viral hoaxes were slowly taking over the Internet. Some of her fans tried reaching out to her on social media.

Meanwhile, others joked that fellow YouTuber James Charles and Tik Tok star Charli D’Amelio would be pleased to hear this news. Trish has been in a long-running feud with the two for quite some time. Internet trolls decided to use this opportunity to poke fun at the event. However, Trish was quick to shut this down.

Million Dollar Listing LA | Season 13 | Preview Trailer

She took to her social media and assured everyone she was fine. “Oh, shit. Twitter thought I was dead?? Yikes! I’m alive,” she tweeted. Fans were pleased to finally hear she was doing fine, while others criticized the viral hoax.

“I’m very sorry those idiots were trending about you dying. That is very messed up, and they should be ashamed of themselves!” one user wrote. Another added, “People are disgusting. Glad to hear you’re doing well!”

What has Trisha Paytas been up to after viral hoax?

While Trish has cleared the air about the viral hoax, it seems she has been focusing on her modeling and Tik Tok videos. The YouTuber has been sharing pictures of her latest lingerie collections while sharing some of her latest Tik Tok videos with her fans.

In other news, Heartbreaking clip shows Gaspard Ulliel’s son skiing days before his death