Today marks World Kindness Day 2020, a day to acknowledge the importance of being kind and loving towards others. If you’re supporting the day on Instagram, here are 21 quotes to use.
Every year on November 13th, the world celebrates World Kindness Day. It was started in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement and aims to highlight people’s good deeds around the world and the positive impact being kind can have on one another.
This year, being kind is more important than ever as the Covid-19 pandemic has spread sadness and uncertainty around the world.
If you want to support and spread awareness of World Kindness Day 2020 on social media, here are 21 inspiring quotes you could share.
21 World Kindness Day Instagram quotes
- “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” – James M. Barrie
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” – Plato
- “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
- “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness” – Maya Angelou
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” – Anne Herbert“When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” – Buddha
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
- “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
- “If we all do one random act of kindness daily, we might just set the world in the right direction.” – Martin Kornfeld
- “To touch someone with kindness is to change someone forever.” – Mike Dooley
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
- “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage, or bravery, or generosity, or anything else… Kindness—that simple word. To be kind—it covers everything, to my mind. If you’re kind that’s it.” – Roahl Dahl
In other news, Five cute date outfits inspired by Addison Rae’s Instagram