The Sunset Curve band from Julie and the Phantoms has fans obsessed and some of the tweets are priceless. Here are some of our favourites.
It’s been a good year for Netflix so far and it just keeps getting better.
This month we’ve been treated to the hilarious sitcom The Duchess from Australian comedian Katherine Ryan, Charlie Kaufman’s latest mind-bender – I’m Thinking of Ending Things – and more.
For musical fans, on the other hand, it’s all about Julie and the Phantoms.
Created by Dan Cross and David Hoge, this musical comedy-drama series centres on Julie (played by Madison Reyes), a teenage girl who kickstarts her musical path with the help of Sunset Curve.
The boys in the band have been dead for twenty-five years and they and Julie both help one another to land success.
It’s an inventive tale with plenty of charm; it’s hardly surprising it’s struck such a chord.
Sunset Curve: Band earns hilarious Twitter fandom
Julie and the Phantoms is actually based on the Brazilian show of the same name which aired between 2011-2012.
However, the new one has a certain musical edge which has encouraged many to flock to Twitter and establish a concrete Sunset Curve fandom.
Some of the tweets to surface so far are too great not to share.
Here are some of our favourites:
Julie and the Phantoms: Check out the soundtrack!
The music will leave a lasting impression on you, but obviously, it’s a little difficult scouring episodes to look for the songs you like.
Fortunately, the soundtrack is available over on Spotify!
Check out the tracklist here:
- ‘Now or Never’ written by Doug Rockwell & Tova Litvin
- ‘Wake Up’ written by Anne Preven
- ‘Bright’ written by Ali Theodore, Doug Davis, Anthony Mirabella, Susan Paroff, Nikki Sorrentino, James K. Petrie, Jodie Shihadeh
- ‘This Band is Back (Reggie’s Jam)’
- ‘Wow’ written by David Amber & Erin Bowman
- ‘Flying Solo’ written by Jillian Allen, Joleen Belle, Joachim Svare
- ‘I Got The Music’ written by Hanna Asres Jones, Jack Kugell, Matt Wong
- ‘The Other Side of Hollywood’ written by Doug Rockwell Tova Litvin
- ‘All Eyes on Me’ written by Hanna Asres Jones, Jack Kugell, Matt Wong
- ‘Finally Free’ written by Ali Theodore, Doug Davis, Anthony Mirabella, Susan Paroff Nikki Sorrentino, James K. Petrie, Jodie Shihadeh
- ‘Perfect Harmony’ written by Alana Da Fonseca, Charlie Gillespie, Madison Reyes
- ‘Edge of Great’ written by David Amber & Andy Love
- ‘Unsaid Emily’ written by Michelle Lewis & Dan Petty
- ‘You Got Nothing To Lose’ written by Alana Da Fonseca & Vincent Alfieri
- ‘Stand Tall’ written by Jakub Vanyo
It currently has over 8,000 monthly listeners; we’re sure that won’t take long to skyrocket!
In other news, who plays Luke ?