TikTok is full of filters and effects and you can use each one to make your videos just a little bit more interesting.
While the majority of the effects go unused, every so often someone will stumble across one that is actually pretty cool, and then others hop on the trend.
The latest one to go viral is the wooden nose filter. Read on to find out more.
How to use the Wooden Nose Filter on TikTok
- Open TikTok and select the ‘+’ icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen to access the camera
- Click on the icon in the left bottom side of the screen labelled ‘Effects’
- Scroll across to the heading ‘Seflies’ and click on it
- Scroll down through the selfie filters until you see an icon of a white face with a wooden nose sticking out of it
- Select the icon and get filming!
Videos using the effect have gone viral as people have claimed the wooden nose grows if you tell a lie, just like Pinocchio. The truth is actually that you can control if the nose grows with your thumb.
When you select the filter, a message will appear that says: “Try turning your thumb up and down.”