Do you keep seeing the term ‘WAP’ everywhere and have no clue what it means? Has it been texted to you and you don’t know what to reply?
Don’t worry, we were the same.
Social media was flooded with reactions when Cardi B and released her new track with Megan Thee Stallion last year.
But what does ‘WAP’ mean in texting? Here is the meaning behind the phrase so you know before you send it to someone.
Where does ‘WAP’ come from?
Unless you live under a rock, you have heard or read the term ‘WAP’ at some point since last year, when Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion took the world by storm and released their new hit song: “WAP”.
The song has been praised by many, due to its sex-positive message and the fact that Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion scream female empowerment loud and clear:
However, and as usual when females are empowering and talk freely about their sexuality, many have jumped to criticise the message. The #1 song on worldwide charts, portrays:
What does WAP mean in texting? And on TikTok!
1. The term WAP has various meaning within popular culture and the texting world, and we want you to be up to date to avoid any disastrous misunderstandings through text.
First and foremost, within the content of the new world-wide hit by Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion, ‘WAP’ is the slang term used by the rappers to denote the phrase “Wet As* P***y”.
2. ‘WAP’ is also used when texting as an acronym for ‘With A Passion’. For example, “I love mac ‘n’ cheese WAP” or “I hate Trump WAP for trying to ban TikTok”
3. ‘WAP’ is also a “street-synonym” for a firearm
4. In digital technology, WAP stands for Wireless Access Points
5. Funnily enough, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the US Representative, took her own interpretation of the now-famous term:
In conclusion, the term ‘WAP’ is here, and to stay. Understand all its possible meaning and please, consider the context of the conversation before typing and sending it away.