If you’re in need of a new riddle to keep you entertained then we’ve got just the one for you – here’s the ‘Fox, Chicken, Grain’ riddle explained!
Riddles never get old. These annoying little brainteasers could keep you entertained for hours, and they’ll certainly have you getting your friends and family involved.
The latest puzzle that’s confusing social media users is called the ‘Fox, Chicken, Grain’ riddle, and it’s a long one.
Riddle: ‘Fox, Chicken, Grain’
Here’s the riddle:
- You have a fox, a chicken and a sack of grain. You must cross a river with only one of them at a time. If you leave the fox with the chicken he will eat it; if you leave the chicken with the grain he will eat it. How can you get all three across safely?
It’s a long one, so you might need to sit there for a while to work it out. There’s no tricks in this one, you just need to use your brain and work out the best possible method.
Answer: ‘Fox, Chicken, Grain’
Are you stuck? Well here’s the answer.
- Take the chicken over the river first.
- Go back across the river and bring the grain next.
- Don’t leave the chicken with the grain, bring the chicken back across the river with you again.
- Leave the chicken on the first side and take the fox with you.
- Leave the fox on the other side of the river with the grain.
- Finally, go back over and get the chicken and bring it over.
Now it’s time to ask your friends!
Now that you know the answer, it’s time to tell the riddle to your friends and watch them struggle just like you did.
And if you need another riddle to try, then find more here.