A new trend is going viral on TikTok that sees social media users bringing their objects that have been missing for a really long time to life.
That’s right, it could be that McDonald’s chip that fell down the side of the seat of your car 3 months ago, or that old sock that’s been in the corner of your room for a year.
It doesn’t matter what it is, but all you have to do for this viral trend is give that object eyes and a mouth, add some text and make an absolutely hilarious TikTok video.
Here’s exactly how to do it.
What is the ‘I am lost’ trend on TikTok?
A new trend is becoming popular on TikTok that sees people bringing their missing objects to life.
It involves finding a missing object, such as a lost sock under your bed or a bottle of coke. It could be anything but it must be something that’s been there for a really long time.
Then, you use a filter to give it eyes and apply the ‘I am lost’ sound to make a completely hilarious TikTok.
How to do the ‘I am lost’ TikTok trend
To do the trend you need a specific filter that puts your eyes and mouth onto an object. The filter isn’t actually on TikTok though, it’s on Snapchat.
- First, take a photo on your phone of the object you want to use for the ‘I am lost’ video.
- Open the Snapchat app and go to the camera screen.
- Press the smiley face to the right of the camera button to bring up the filters section.
- Click on ‘create’ in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Slide along to the second icon, a picture of eyes and a mouth.
- Choose the photo that you took earlier.
- Now you can adjust the size and location of the eyes and mouth using the screen, make sure they are placed over the object.
- Now take the photo and save it to your camera roll.
- All you have to do now is upload it to TikTok, add the sound and any text or effects.
Now you need to find the sound on TikTok
- Open TikTok and press ‘discover’ in the bottom bar.
- Type ‘#iamlostchallenge’ into the search bar at the top.
- Find someone who has done the challenge.
- Click on the sound underneath their username.
- Press ‘Add to Favourites’.
- Now the sound will be saved in your favourites for whenever you want to film the TikTok.