A popular filter has resurfaced on TikTok, and everybody wants to have a go for themselves. Clue: It involves lots and lots of smiling!
You may have seen everyone on TikTok using a certain filter recently that makes people smile as much as they can in order to try and get the highest score.
If you want to give it a go for yourself and try to score 100 – here’s exactly how to find the filter.
What is the TikTok smile filter?
A new TikTok filter is becoming hugely popular that rates your smile.
It seems that TikTok has moved into the world of virtual reality filters, as this one applies a virtual counter above your head which changes when you smile.
The more you smile, the higher your score should go.
How to get the smile filter on TikTok
- Open TikTok and click on ‘discover’ in the bottom bar.
- Then click on the search bar at the top and type ‘smile filter’.
- Press search and find a video that has used the filter.
- Above the username it should say ‘Smile Rating’ in a black box with an orange wand icon next to it.
- Click on that and press ‘Add to Favourites’.
- Now go to film your TikTok, click on Effects and apply the filter from your favourites section.
Is it impossible to score 100?
Some people are finding it literally impossible to get the counter to score them 100.
The rating is based on how much you smile. But sometimes even if you do the biggest smile in the world, the counter sometimes gets stuck on 70 or 80.
But there’s definitely TikTok evidence of people scoring 100, so you’re obviously just not trying hard enough!