There’s a new Instagram challenge that everyone is doing, and it reveals a lot about the photos that you upload – do you think you follow a colour theme?
The way you set out your Instagram is all down to personal preference. Some people like to have a particular theme, using particular colours that match and complement each other, whilst others decide to just post any photos they like.
Whichever way you like your Instagram to be, it still has a colour palette. And this new challenge allows you to find out exactly what sorts of colours you like to post onto your feed.
Here’s exactly how to do it.
What is the Instagram Colour Palette Challenge?
The challenge involves finding out what the colour palette of your Instagram feed is.
You do this by choosing the main colour in each photo and colouring it in that colour. Then, you can compare the colours in each photo and see what your theme is.
It could be bright, neon, minimalistic, pastel, neutral or completely random!
How to do the Colour Palette Challenge on Instagram
- Go to your profile and take a screenshot of your Instagram feed.
- Add this photo to your Instagram Story.
- Click on the squiggle icon in the top right and side to draw on your photo.
- Click on the pipette tool in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- A shape will appear on the screen, move that over the main part of each image to set a colour.
- Now colour in that whole square with that colour.
- Repeat with every photo in the screenshot.
- Now you know the colour palette of your Instagram!
Why not try the Instagram Colour Chase Challenge
The Colour Chase Challenge is another fun Instagram challenge to try.
It was created by the account @colourchasechallenge who set a colour theme for each month.
All you have to do is follow that colour theme for the whole month, taking and uploading photos using only that colour onto your Instagram. Then, the account can repost it.
May’s colour is purple.