Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Rain on Me’ has been a smash hit, with the music video already surpassing 40 million views.
This is the first collaboration between the two artists and the song preaches perseverance and being able to find the beauty in pain.
The song is the second track on Gaga’s album Chromatica which was scheduled to be released on 10th April, but was postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Fans have already found a way to commemorate the song on Instagram, creating a filter for the song to show their support and channel their inner Gaga and Ariana.
How to find the Rain On Me Instagram filter
- Open up the Instagram app and go onto the Stories feature
- Click on your face to activate filters
- Swipe through all the filters to the end and click on the icon labelled ‘Browse Effects’
- Search the words ‘rainonme’ with no spaces in between the words
- Select the filter and hit ‘Try it now’
Make sure to centre your face and either snap a photo, or hold the middle button down to film a video.
Why are fans laughing at the filter?
Some fans were quick to notice that the filter looks a little bit dodgier than intended, and the filter began a topic of conversation on Twitter.
The song wasn’t the only thing people were talking about, and many decided to recreate the filter, and point out exactly what it looked like.