If you’re a regular user of TikTok you may have noticed the newest trend on the app is people recreating voicemails, or parts of songs using a voice effect.
The effect in question is the Megaphone Effect on TikTok which alters your voice, and users have realised it can be used to record a voicemail similar to those in rap songs.
The effect has taken off and can be used to spice up your videos before you hit ‘upload’ but some users have complained about not being able to find the effect. Read on to discover how to use the filter and what to do if you can’t find it on your app.
How to get the Megaphone Filter on TikTok
- Open the TikTok app
- Click on the ‘+’ button in the middle of the screen to create a video
- Record the video you want to add the effect to, this could be you speaking or even singing
- Press the ‘next’ arrow on the right hand side of the screen
- On the right side of the screen, along the edge of your screen there will be a button labelled ‘Voice Effects’
- Click on this button and you will be given a list of options
- Select the one named ‘Megaphone’ and hit upload on your video
The effect will sound like you’re speaking into a megaphone, or even like a rapper on a song as the filter gives your voice a grainy, echoey effect.
Why can’t I find the Megaphone Filter?
Many people have been complaining that the Megaphone Effect isn’t in the voice effects section. Make sure you have updated TikTok and if it still doesn’t appear then the effect just is not available in your country.
Several TikTok effects and filters are only available for use in certain regions, however they may make it available for your country soon so be patient and keep an eye out.