Epic Games’ 10.10 update for Fortnite is now available to download, and its patch notes share everything that’s new including Retail Row and World Run.
Following yesterday’s last minute delay for update version 10.10 and its patch notes for Fortnite, Epic Games has duly released the patch and it can now be downloaded. The patch notes disclose information pertaining to Retail Row and an LTM named World Run, and you can find the entirety of Epic Games’ patch notes below.
Fortnite update version 10.10 patch notes:
A Rift Zone has turned Mega Mall back into Retail Row, and prices have dropped significantly. These discounts come at the cost of increased danger — bargain-crazed Fiends are spawning in the Rift Zone, and they want the shopping center all to themselves.
World Run LTM
Dip, dodge, and duck through treacherous traps, lava pits, and more to become the world’s fastest lane runner. 16 players race to complete the course. The first team to collect 30 coins wins!
Limited Time Modes
World Run LTM
Team Type: Squads | Respawning: On
The team to collect 30 coins fastest wins.
In the event that two teams collect the same amount of coins, the team that was faster will win.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs:
- Infinity Blade
- Reduced the environmental damage from 10000 to 600.
- Increased the number of resource stacks contained in Chests in Tilted Town from 1 to 3.
- B.R.U.T.E. updates:
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- In addition to the B.R.U.T.E.’s gunner, this laser is visible to opponents and teammates.
- This is to help give clarity to all players on where a gunner is aiming their rockets before they’re fired.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- Updated B.R.U.T.E. spawn logic for large team respawn game modes.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue in which opponents’ B.R.U.T.E.s would sometimes not be visible.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can no longer be used to traverse the map faster than intended.
- The turn rate of B.R.U.T.E.’s turret is no longer framerate-dependent.
- Retail Row
- A Rift Zone has replaced the Mega Mall POI with Retail Row.
- Retail Row now spawns hordes of Fiends who charge at players.
- Fiends may drop a weapon, consumable, or ammo upon being eliminated.
- Fiends cannot go outside the Retail Row Rift Zone.
- Chests and ammo containers will now open when destroyed.
- Known issue: Destroying a Chest or ammo container by destroying the object it is placed on will not open it.
- We plan to have this issue resolved in the v10.20 update.
- Bug Fixes
- The Week 1 and Week 2 Hidden Battle Stars can now be collected.
- Fixed an issue in which the Bush would reset its displayed equip timer if the player tried to activate it multiple times. (Players would still be able to equip the Bush at the intended time, but the displayed timer would be incorrect.)
- Fixed an issue in which Supply Drop smoke would not appear if the box was not in sight.
- Trees no longer turn into different kinds of trees upon being damaged.
- This includes snow-covered trees no longer turning into non-snow-covered trees.
- Fixed an issue in which Chests would sometimes already be broken or opened at the start of a match.
- The ‘Welcome to Tilted Town’ message no longer loops when players enter/exit Titled Town. It also no longer overlaps Storm warnings.
- Walking over in-motion Bottle/Fancy Flip Toys no longer causes a camera issue.
- Pushed a fix on August 5 to address an Arena matchmaking issue causing players to be matched within a wider Hype range than intended.
- Because players are now matched within a narrower Hype range, some players may experience longer queue times. This is to ensure higher-quality matches.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving Chests being unopenable in Tilted Town.
- Further improved performance to reduce the chance of players landing on POIs with a low level of detail.
ART + ANIMATION
- Plastic Patroller Outfit Visual Update
- Added mud smears, wear and tear, and a brighter outline.
- These changes were added to prevent this Outfit from providing a camouflage effect in certain areas of the map, which was making it very difficult to see.
- All players who previously purchased this Outfit will have the option to refund it without using a Refund Token if they choose to do so.
- Note: This refund option will be available for 30 days, with the timer starting after your next login.
- Updated the Mecha Team Leader Outfit’s idle animation to its original version.
- Bug Fixes
- Improved the visuals of the Emotical Wrap on weapons.
- Enabled reverb on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Contextual Tutorial System
- A tip system designed to help guide and teach players new to Battle Royale.
- This system displays tips to players during matches. Each tip appears in situations it is most relevant to.
- Can be toggled “On” or “Off” in the Game Settings tab.
- It is set to “On” by default.
- Updated the Item Shop background.
- Bug Fixes
- The tiles for completed Missions no longer display ‘0%’ and are no longer missing a check mark.
- Suggested Challenges on the map screen no longer take up the entire space or show level-up Missions.
- The tiles for Limited Time Missions no longer display “Soon” when it should display the time remaining.
- In the Battle Map camera mode, the tracking now smoothly follows the path instead of jumping large steps.
- Disabled Storm post-processing in Battle Map.
- Added keyboard bindings to change the playback speed in replays. G now increases the playback speed, and Shift+G now decreases the playback speed.
- Bug Fixes
- Changing the options for the Battle Map camera mode no longer resets the camera placement.
- Battle Map no longer switches to a third-person view when the Battle Bus launches.
- Disabled Squad visibility option in Battle Map when viewing a Solo match.
- Push notifications system
- The system can be managed in the device settings or in-game settings to toggle “On” and “Off.”
- Safe zone will be respected on iOS X devices on the Battle Pass page.
- Auto fire will now be applied to players with a Bush equipped.
- Teammates and Quickbar HUDs will be displayed when spectating.
- “Quit” button has been removed on the log out screen.
- A single tap is needed to open the Map after it has been closed with ”X” at the top of the screen.
- “Push To Talk” button is back while on the Battle Bus.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved a crashing issue that would occur when leaving the game in the background after completing a match on Android.
- Resolved a crashing issue that would occur when the device was put in sleep mode for more than 10 seconds on iOS.
- B.R.U.T.E. buttons are now named appropriately.
- When players are selecting a match mode, no secondary selection border will appear.
- The “Decline” button in the HUD layout tool will correctly remove any changes made.
- The “Show Help” button will dismiss when entering the Battle Bus.
- The Item Shop page will be centered for devices in 4:3 resolution.
- The Battle Pass page indicator won’t duplicate.
- The “Quick Heal” Button will not appear when players are in a Downed But Not Out state.
- Autofire with Scoped Revolver correctly fires.
- Pressing “X” on the Map to close it won’t disable right-stick functionality for the ‘Razer: Raiju’ controller.
- Keyboard’s text box won’t stay on screen after locking and unlocking the screen while writing a gifting message on Android.
- We’ve made graphical improvements in the following areas:
- View All Rewards screen from the Battle Pass
- Spray Sale Glider
- Tac Bats Harvesting Tool
- Yonder Outfit variant
- Atmosphere Backpack
- Catalyst Outfit eyes
- Vendetta Outfit
- Updated to look the same as it does other platforms.
Season 10 for Fortnite has arrived and Battle Royale participants are not entirely thrilled with how things have panned out so far. Not only is there accusations that the game is holding people hostage more than ever before, there’s also been countless complaints about the BRUTE mechs being overpowered thanks to their huge chunks of health and ability to skyrocket across the map. Oh, and they also have a powerful missile barrage attack that makes them more OP than a roided-out Brock Lesnar against cruiserweights. The only saving grace gamers have had to anticipate is the 10.10 update, but its release and patch notes have been delayed at the “last minute”.
There’s been a lot of sensational news pertaining to Fortnite this week. World Cup winner Sen Bugha was swatted live on Twitch, and streamers have boycotted the Battle Royale title because they can’t cope with repeatedly having their butt whooped by the BRUTE mechs.
However, what’ll upset some people the most is that Epic Games’ 10.10 update has been delayed. With this delay happening at the very last minute, when can we expect to see the update and its patch notes arrive?
Fortnite season 10 overpowered mechs boycott
Because everyone loved it when the Avengers fought a million identical robots with little-to-no personality in Age Of Ultron, Epic Games thought it would be a neat idea to bring BRUTE mechs to Fortnite season 10.
But, while the idea might have been good on paper, there’s been a teensy tiny issue with the employment of these mechs: they’re freakin’ overpowered!
Pretty much everyone has complained about the OP nature of Epic Games’ BRUTEs, and this has resulted in a number of popular streamers boycotting the multiplayer title.
Dexerto reports that two of the most notable streamers are Tyler ‘Ninja’ Blevins and Ben ‘Dr Lupo ‘Lupo; two highly influential online celebrities who have decided to play PUBG until Epic Games nerfs the machines.
Ninja doesn’t believe that the stubborn Epic Games will remove mechs from Fortnite, meaning it could be awhile before the streamer returns to the colourful Battle Royale playground.
When will Epic Games release update 10.10 for Fortnite?
Ninja and other streamers boycotting Fortnite is only terrible news if you tune into their live matches, but news that affects everyone is the delay of update 10.10.
Scheduled to be available to download on August 13, Epic Games tweeted last night that they had indefinitely delayed the update thanks to discovering some last minute issues.
Due to last minute issues discovered with the build, we’ve had to delay the timing for the release of the v10.10 update. We’ll provide more details on an exact time once we have more information. https://t.co/8byIogi1Uo— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) 12 August 2019
As you can imagine, the responses on Twitter were less than favourable.
Some people chose to look on the bright side of them not releasing the update as a buggy mess, but the vast majority of users took the moment to continue complaining about the mechs.
At least they’re fixing it and not releasing it all messed up stay positive:)— Dxrkest_Dreamz ッ (@tim_sillas) 12 August 2019
cool that should give you plenty of time to nerf these stupid robots— Tyler | Code WILDCAT (@I_AM_WILDCAT) 12 August 2019
Epic Games failed to indulge when the next update will arrive, but hopefully its delay won’t last an unreasonable amount of time.
The patch notes for update 10.10 will be posted here when they’re available.