A guide to the Special Assignments, rewards and Brilliant Foundables for the third ever brilliant event for Harry Potter Wizards Unite, Back to Hogwarts.
While there's a lot to anticipate at the end of August 2019 for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite thanks to the Indianapolis fan event that will introduce fire-breathing dragons, Niantic and Warner Bros. have just introduced the mobile game's third ever Brilliant Event. This extravaganza is named Back to Hogwarts, and it continues the regime of taking place over two weeks rather than just one. Concerned with week 1 alone, this guide will provide you with the necessary information regarding its Special Assignments, rewards, and Brilliant Foundables.
However, before you proceed to study for the Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event, you should first know when werewolves will be reappearing in Wizards Unite for this month.
Harry Potter Wizards Unite Back To Hogwarts Brilliant Event dates
Back to Hogwarts is the latest Brilliant Event for the oh so addictive Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and J.K. Rowling fanatics will be happy to hear that there's two weeks of content rather than just one.
The first week commences today and concludes on August 20. You can find the necessary times below:
- United Kingdom - 19:00 (BST)
- Europe - 20:00 (CEST)
- East Coast US - 14:00 (EDT)
- West Coast US - 11:00 (PDT)
Although the majority of you are probably fully aware of the rules already, the Ron Weasleys and Neville Longbottoms of the world will much appreciate the reminder that week 1's rewards won't be attainable after August 20.
The second week of Back to Hogwarts will run from August 27 to September 3, and its times are the same as above.
Back to Hogwarts Special Assignments and Rewards
Now that you know the dates and times for the Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event, you should now learn what the Special Assignments are.
Again, most of you will know the conditions already, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded that week 1 rewards won't be unlockable in week 2.
Each of the two weeks will comprise of four Special Assignments, and the four assignments will all contain three individual tasks to be completed.
You can find the Special Assignments and their rewards below (via Reddit):
Brilliant Event: Back to Hogwarts - Step 1
- Recover 2 Brilliant Slytherin Student Fragments (10 Brilliant Family XP)
- Pick up 2 Ingredients or Portmanteaus (10 Brilliant Family XP)
- Return 3 Foundables of any Family (10 Brilliant Family XP)
Rewards: 500 XP, 10 Brilliant Family XP, 1 Restricted Section Book, 1 Hogwarts Express Sign Sticker
Brilliant Event: Back to Hogwarts - Step 2
- Recover 2 Brilliant Hufflepuff Student Fragments (300 XP)
- Unlock 3 Portkey Portmanteaus (15 Brilliant Family XP)
- Dine at Inns 5 times (15 Brilliant Family XP)
Rewards: 15 Brilliant Family XP, 2 Potent Extimulo Potions, 2 Restricted Section Books, 1 Hogwarts Express Animated Frame, Hogwarts Express Conductor Foundable
Brilliant Event: Back to Hogwarts - Step 3
- Recover 2 Brilliant Ravenclaw Student Fragments (500 XP)
- Use 6 Potions (500 XP)
- Perform 5 Great Spellcasts (15 Brilliant Family XP)
Rewards: 25 Brilliant Family XP, 3 Restricted Section Book, 1 Luggage Trolley Sticker
Brilliant Event: Back to Hogwarts - Step 4
- Recover 2 Brilliant Gryffindor Student Fragments (15 Brilliant Family XP)
- Return 5 High Threat Foundales (750 XP)
- Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges (15 Brilliant Family XP)
Rewards: 9 Restricted Section Books, 50 Gold, 1 Hogwarts Conductor Uniform Lens, Hogwarts Express Foundable
The Special Assignments for week 2 haven't been shared as of yet.
Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event week 1: How to find Foundables
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite's Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event will provide you with the opportunity to encounter Brilliant Foundables.
You'll be able to add these Foundables to a special page in your Registry, and you can find what they are and how to locate them below:
- Brilliant Hufflepuff Student - 10 fragments required, brilliant trace encounter
- Brilliant Ravenclaw Student - 10 fragments required, brilliant trace encounter
- Brilliant Gryffindor Student - 10 fragments required, brilliant trace encounter
- Brilliant Slytherin Student - 10 fragments required, brilliant trace encounter
- Luggage Trolley - 5 fragments required, unlock 3km Portkey Portmanteaus
- Trolley Witch - 3 fragments required, complete a wizarding challenge using a Brilliant Runestone
- Hogwarts Express - 1 fragment required, complete special assignment step 4
- Hogwarts Express Conductor - 1 fragment required, complete special assignment step 2
As for week 2, we know the following desirables will be the Brilliant Foundables:
- Brilliant Sorting Hat
- Hogwarts Boat
- Hogsmeade Sign
- Winged Boar Statue
Brilliant Traces and Brilliant Runestones explained
Before you fly off with a broom between your legs in an effort to locate the Foundables for Back to Hogwarts week 1, you should first know what Brilliant Traces are.
Exclusive to Brilliant Events, they are Foundables that need to be freed from a Confoundable.
As for how you'll recognise them, they have a distinct purple beam of light and an exclamation mark.
While that's all you really need to know about Brilliant Traces, capturing the Trolley Witch will require completing a wizarding challenge using a Brilliant Runestone.
In order to unlock a Brilliant Runestone, you simply need to collect Brilliant Foundables and complete Special Assignments.
This will increase your Back to Hogwarts Family Ranking in your Registry, and levelling up will reward you with a Brilliant Runestone.
Once that has happened, you then need to head to one of the Fortresses to participate in a Wizarding challenge.
Have something to tell us about this article?