The easiest way to link your YouTube account to Epic Games to take advantage of the Drops during the Fortnite World Cup.
As gamers brace themselves for the arrival of the Fortnite World Cup and season 10, Epic Games has announced a new feature that will allow Battle Royale players to unlock free cosmetics through Drops by simply doing what is already common practice: watching matches on YouTube. And no, there's no catch, all you need to do is link your account which is super easy.
Epic Games has done something similar to this before over on Twitch, but they're now taking advantage of Fortnite's popularity over on YouTube.
Below you'll find how to easily link your YouTube account to Epic Games to receive the Drops during the Fortnite World Cup.
Fortnite World Cup Drops: How to link YouTube to Epic Games
Epic Games is teaming up with YouTube to provide a new feature for Fortnite called Drops.
This is a fresh initiative that will provide players with special Fortnite cosmetics. To unlock these rewards, all you need to is link your YouTube and Epic Games accounts and watch Battle Royale matches.
Rather than watching hours upon hours of content, all you must do to earn the unique Drops is view 20 minutes of Game Jam Hollywood or Fortnite World Cup broadcasts.
Below are the dates and broadcasts for which you can receive World Cup themed Drops.
- July 25 - Game Jam Hollywood premiere - Game Jam Spray
- July 26 - Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 1 live broadcast - Game Jam Spray
- July 27 - Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 2 live broadcast - World Cup Spray
- July 28 - Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 3 live broadcast - World Cup Spray + Red Line Wrap
Here's how to link YouTube to Epic Games:
- Sign into YouTube on a desktop browser
- Proceed to Accounts and select Settings
- Under Connect Accounts, select your Epic Games account
- Click Connect
- And sign into your Epic Games account
In other video game news, here's how to unlock the Overwatch Summer Games 2019 skins.
Have something to tell us about this article?