Tottenham Hotspur fans on Twitter have reacted to reports that Daniel Levy has opened talks with the agent of Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes.
The North Londoners have been linked with the Portuguese attacker for much of the summer.
And according to The Telegraph, Tottenham have begun a dialogue with the agent of the 24-year-old midfielder, who could be seen as a perfect replacement for want-away Christian Eriksen.
In fact, his representative Miguel Pinho was said to be in London this week and Spurs fans, who last week were told that a transfer would not be pursued [The Daily Mail], don't quite know what to make of the latest reports.
Off on off on off on .... lol pic.twitter.com/cPf6g1DN5E— Mr Pochettino (@TheMacBoy_) June 21, 2019
Its happening, him and Ndombele— J (@jakasekatekate) June 21, 2019
I think this would be a good signing ,I really like the look of him— Matt Gibbons (@mdjgibbo) June 21, 2019
at this point spurs need to come out and say we are not intrested this is a joke— D1V1D3D (@D1V1D3DxFLASH1) June 21, 2019
He nick name should be Hokey Cokey. We’re in out in out in out— Steve (@LEACHY1984) June 21, 2019
Noone has a clue what's going on it's brilliant— Chris P (@PolhillC83) June 21, 2019
I don't know how to feel, 1 min I am like, yess, were signing SOMEONE, next I'm like awwwww we've pulled out pic.twitter.com/QLWgHzgAOg— Coach Chris T (@mfccoachchris) June 21, 2019
You can understand Tottenham fans' frustrations on the transfer front. They haven't signed a single player in 18 months and there's a natural desperation to end that drought in style this summer.
In addition to Fernandes, Giovanni Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele have also been heavily linked, but The Telegraph added that a move for Fernandes - who'd cost £45 million - is the most advanced deal.
Have something to tell us about this article?