Italian outlet Calciomercato.it have previously claimed that Newcastle United have shown concrete interest in Udinese midfielder Seko Fofana.
The 24-year-old has been plying his trade in Italy's top tier for the past four years now and he might be an unknown figure to most at St James' Park.
So, here are five facts about the player that has seen his fair share of England during his career, but has made a name for himself in Serie A, which has now seemingly caught the eye of Newcastle.
1. As a teenager, Fofana was on the books of Manchester City, he never made a senior appearance for the Premier League side, but he did represent the Under-23's on 34 occasions [transfermarkt]. Added with that, as a midfielder and coming from a French background, Fofana would have surely enjoyed working under the legendary figure that is Patrick Vieira.
2. The next one may not sit well with the Newcastle fans because after struggling to force his way into Man City's first XI, which isn't a problem at all, Fofana then moved to Championship side Fulham where he struggled to make a name for himself. He left in 2015 after making only 25 appearances [transfermarkt].
3. On the international stage, the Italian-based player represented France throughout all the younger age groups before he committed to play for the Ivory Coast.
4. During his career, he has played in England, France and now in Italy as he could be heading back to the Premier League if Newcastle push for a deal.
5. During the recently concluded Serie A season, Fofana played 31 league games, scoring two goals and supplying his teammates with four assists [transfermarkt].
Have something to tell us about this article?