Chelsea’s Kyle Scott is reportedly set for Newcastle United.
Newcastle United may still be trying to secure Rafael Benitez’s future at St James’ Park, but they may be about to make a first summer signing.
The Magpies won’t be making big moves until Benitez’s future is sorted, but they appear to be making an exception for midfielder Kyle Scott.
The Sun report that Scott is set to leave Chelsea later this month, and is heading straight to Newcastle in order to join up with Benitez’s side.
Newcastle fans may not be too familiar with the youngster, so here are five facts about the man allegedly heading for the North East…
1. Scott, 21, actually started his career in the famed Southampton academy, but Chelsea raided the Saints to sign him aged just nine.
2. Despite spending 12 years with Chelsea, Scott has only ever made one appearance for the club, playing in the FA Cup against Hull City last year.
3. Scott just spent this past season on loan at Telstar in the second tier of Dutch football, registering two goals in 14 appearances.
4. His international allegiance is somewhat confusing. Scott has caps for England’s Under-16’s, Ireland’s Under-17’s and the United States Under-20’s, whilst he’s even eligible for Italy, meaning a future switch could be on the cards.
5. Scott was hailed by Antonio Conte last year (Express), but he’s been wanting to leave Chelsea for a while having handed in a transfer request in 2016 (Daily Mail), and he now finally has his move away.