NetherRealm has updated Mortal Kombat 11 on the Nintendo Switch and PC, and the patch notes reveal a bunch of tweaks and improvements.
Fans of Mortal Kombat 11 on the Nintendo Switch and PC were given an update on May 9, and here are the patch notes that disclose what was added and fixed.
Although it sold nearly 50% fewer physical copies than Mortal Kombat 10, NetherRealm’s eleventh instalment has seen the series’ biggest launch.
There’s been some controversy surrounding the title and its excessive grinding and use of microtransactions, but the developer’s previous updates for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have addressed these issues (even if update 1.04 did force players to grind by removing a couple of exploitable glitches in the Krypt).
NetherRealm has now improved the Nintendo Switch and PC versions of Mortal Kombat 11.
Mortal Kombat 11 May 9 Nintendo Switch and PC patch notes
- Community “Thank You” gift with 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, and 500 Hearts
- Bug fixes and overall stability improvements
- Soul Rewards increased 50%
- AI Fighter reaction times increased and max input length decreased
- Fatality count for head spikes decreased
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Tweaks to online match-making
- AI adjustments
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
Towers of Time
- Modifier damage reduction for fire, DoT, electric storm, etc.
- Modifier intervals in the Gauntlet increased
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifier
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
- Temporarily disabled the RGB Lighting feature from online matches to prevent desyncs from occurring at the “FINISH HIM” screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the audio to go out of sync with the Story mode cutscenes
- Fixed a crash that occurred when obtaining Kenshi’s Blindfold in the Krypt
- Fixed an issue where the GPU Autodetection could cause the title to go unresponsive when booting up the title for the first time
- Fixed a crash that could occur when disconnecting a controller in a local multiplayer fight when using at least one DualShock4 controller
- Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller after a local two player fight would make the title unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where the title would not launch properly if the Steam folder path contained diacritic marks
- Fixed a rare case where the game would not launch because of an assertion error
- Added additional Shadow optimizations which help improve overall performance
- Various minor Mouse and Keyboard fixes
Mortal Kombat 11 is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.