Square Enix has finally added Critical Mode and New Game Plus to Kingdom Hearts 3 via updates 1.04 and 1.05.
One of the biggest issues with Kingdom Hearts 3 is that Square Enix purposefully made it easy to attract a new audience. However, Critical Mode has now arrived, so the hardcore originals can enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3: Sora Dies Thrice.
In addition to the arrival of Critical Mode, Square Enix has also added New Game Plus.
Critical Mode and New Game Plus come via a free 692 MB update on the PlayStation 4.
Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical Mode and New Game Plus details
The update for Critical Mode and New Game Plus comes via updates 1.04 and 1.05. Here’s everything you need to know about them.
- Adds Critical Mode with new abilities.
- Some enemy mechanics have been adjusted.
- Treasures obtained in the Frozen slider minigame now appear in the Gummiphone.
- Already synthesized items have a check mark next to them in the mog shop.
- Various issues have been fixed.
Critical Mode’s new abilities:
- Critical Counter
- Critical Recharge
- Critical Converter
- Various issues have been fixed
- 200 photos can now be saved
- Keyblades and other elements can be carried over to New Game Plus (keyblades will not be powered up).