The Notts County youngster scored twice for Tottenham Hotspur’s Under-18s on Saturday.

Tottenham Hotspur are said to be considering a move for Kion Etete after the Notts County striker scored twice for the Premier League club’s Under-18s on Saturday [Daily Mail].

But what should those of a Tottenham persuasion know about their prospective new recruit?

HITC Sport has the lowdown, right here…

Who is he?

Etete is a 6ft 1ins, physical centre-forward, who made his senior debut earlier this season. Altogether, he’s made six appearances for Notts’ first team, but none since early January. 

And he’s not yet 18?

Etete was in fact 16 at the time of his debut, against Newcastle’s U21s in the Football League Trophy, and turned 17 at the end of November, at which point he signed his first pro deal.

Celtic's daunting Champions League qualification challenge

What have they said?

“Excellent” was the word used by Harry Kewell, the former Liverpool winger who briefly managed Notts County earlier this season, to describe Etete’s league debut performance [Nottingham Post]. “He held the ball up well, gave us an outlet and made life difficult for their defenders,” added the Australian.

Why was he at Tottenham?

Etete is said to have spent a week on trial with the Premier League club, who it is claimed will continue to monitor his progress in the coming weeks [Daily Mail]. Notts’ previous academy head, Jon Goodman, is now employed by Spurs, and is thought to have instigated the youngster’s audition [Nottingham Post].

Could Tottenham face competition to sign him?

County’s neighbours, Nottingham Forest, were linked in the January transfer window [Daily Mail], although it remains to be seen whether their interest remains.